Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Fulham

yeah, I have said its because of Trents unable to defend in the right back position.Its only recently that we have had Konate and in the last game Matip fill in, in that position. can only be to protect Trent.Hes either a right back or a midfielder. You cant have 1 player , playing 2 roles to enable him
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

It’s a problem for the manager. Don’t see how it gets solved. My hunch is club is waiting on. devastating attacking line to mask the issue

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    That has much to do with trying to accommodate Trent's more advanced roving role. He's got a wand of a foot but that is about it it. No top team adjust their entire back line to get the best from a right foot. He isn't Luis fookin Suarez FFS.

What is this.. elite club or not?
    Yep, have to agree. It's certainly different but it just looks like desperation to me.

It has a whiff of desperation. A similar situation as Rodgers going to 3 at the back and playing Sterling as a wingback.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Scratching my head thinking of Trent at DM.. But you know guys.. WTF does Jurgen know about these things anyway.
    Most here state Trent making up a double pivot, some post that as him being a second DM, which it isn't but I know what they are meaning and they post that way because watching the game, the position he is taking up most frequently sees him effectively making a double pivot with Fab

he's got off lightly today too, he was very poor again today not under the threat of a card, nowhere near a press or Kane when Kane was dropping nito midfield all game, Manuel Ugarte can't arrive quickly enough so we have a No6 who IS a DM and who can pass the ball
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Yep, have to agree. It's certainly different but it just looks like desperation to me.

It has a whiff of desperation. A similar situation as Rodgers going to 3 at the back and playing Sterling as a wingback.
    He has contributed more to meaningfully making the play than Thiago or Fab have done in the past three season including this one, Thiago having been bought to make the play, but which player has more assists and has been releasing others to assist in just four games?

The answer remains simple, we need RCM to help defensively on the right, we had 2 or 3 times Perisic burst down our right with the ball, we obviously need to set up so that can't happen, Konate's role is really to go and challenge opposition wide or forward players they try and release with a ball over or through midfield, who are furthest forward, we can't have players bursting forward while a forward or two are already ahead of them, creating a 3v3 or 3v2 too easily

I would make our RCM role work with Trent's new role, coming inside so he can advance or go wide and covering our right side to stop runners and track them when Trent is forward or infield

The press and counter press has still to align correctly over time too

The defenders were all awful today never mind the midfield.

Just play Trent as the right sided midfielder and play a right back? Think Jurgen is overPepping it a bit.

I think a lot of people are overlooking our having played with Konate doing that role in many games last season, just with Trent more advanced right rather than centre, it was Konate charged with defending Vinicius in the Champions League final for example and he did it excellently until Fab left Casemiro so he could easily release Valverde beyond Robbo meaning He and Virgil both had to come across, Virgil to Valverde (leaving Benzema) Konate to Benzema (leaving Vinicius), it's why we need a top DM/No6 and it looks like we might just be acquiring one

We got the win today, and how it happened might very well prove to be a good thing, had we trounced them 5 or 6 nil, we'd probably be in more danger of an upset v Fulham than winning as we did today, as we know we got out of jail and need to work harder and make sure we don't make the same mistakes we made in our starting 11 today (Elliott) or the same mistakes in our subs (Nunez) in games like these again - We need a strong leader starting, so either Hendo or Milner, not to think we can throw them on when the entire rest of the team has been allowed to slump to 2/10 intensity and they will magically go back to 9/10

You mean you don’t want us to start as we did today - going into a 3 goal lead - and ending up with a 2 goal lead.

But, instead aim to start the next game as we ended the game this evening - with a 1 goal lead after surrendering a 2 goal lead.

It’s an interesting approach 😉