Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Fulham

Mike Riley was good as well for them
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    You are turning it round and arguing with yourself.
    So our captain wasn’t instrumental in us winning a league title but you quote results to prove that Elliott is worth a start.

Sorry, not for me.
    Not arguing with myself at all mate. I am saying what is logical after yesterdays game.

You and 19 are suggesting there is a logic in dropping the lineup that got us a 3:0 lead and had us at 3:1 on 63 minutes in favour of a lineup which threw that lead away within 20 odd minutes.

The point about past seasons stands only in terms of how instrumental Hendo was V Gerrard to any given Liverpool team

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Thank you Miller, i apologize to everyone for some of the protracted arguments here between Steveo and I, they are mostly down to Steveo's insistence on continually attempting to do what you have just entirely correctly called him out for

And that he wants and expects to have it both ways, it's all about and solely down to whoever he's trying to champion in games we have won and who lse played and made the actual telling contributions has nothing to do with it, nor the strength of the opposition or their form but when we lose or draw with his player all such factors suddenly count

So annoying, i can't help but liken him to a child or working class Daily Mail reading Tory voter who puts their fingers in both ears and starts making inane noises to block out reasoned well rounded and accurate debate that doesn't fit what they want to believe

"reasoned well rounded and accurate debate". Hmm

You mean like suggesting Klopp got his selection wrong, before us ripping into Spurs for 3:0 on 15 minutes. Then with the game at 3:1 and AFTER the subs you and your mate call for are made - the team go on to concede 2x - leaving us at 3:3 on 90 minutes.

Then, instead of accepting that maybe - just maybe you were a little remiss on your judgements - ignoring all the facts and claiming that the manager should again ignore his choice that got us well ahead in favour of one that almost threw it all away.

Right - I'm off to eat some Breggs-Shit and read the Mail..

I don’t think the subs affected it, we were miles off it after first 15 mins. Only deffo starters next day are the front 3 and big alli. Mids and backs stank the place from 15 mins on, spurs hit the woodwork 4 times i think in a season when we have had no luck yesterday we were absolutely steeped. Next day out not sure where we go but they need to be bang on it for the full 90.

It’s a fair point - Think the defending was pitiful all game in truth. Clearly the team downed tools a little after the celebrations Klopp alluded to rang out. And so early on

You are also right - they hit the woodwork multiple times and could easily have scored goals 2 and 3 before they did. But a penalty should probably have been given against Konate. That would have been 3 likely goals in 25 minutes from a 3:1 lead.

The point I am trying to make is simple. It is tough to call for the lineup that oversaw that. Granted there are no easy choices right now.

We are in deep shit as we yet again have a midfield crisis. There are 3 senior mids, melo, ox, keita who we will never see in a liverpool jersey again. Ox might set a sub send off. But thats impossible to carry when players available to play thiago and bajetic are out injured we are down to bare bones again. Henderson has never impressed off the bench start him or bare the debacle we saw yesterday. Milner is purely a closer at this stage. So with that in mind we have to go jones fab henderson next day with a view to managing their minutes for the remaining games.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Not arguing with myself at all mate. I am saying what is logical after yesterdays game.

You and 19 are suggesting there is a logic in dropping the lineup that got us a 3:0 lead and had us at 3:1 on 63 minutes in favour of a lineup which threw that lead away within 20 odd minutes.

The point about past seasons stands only in terms of how instrumental Hendo was V Gerrard to any given Liverpool team
    Devil's advocate only here.
    We were rocking before the subs. Spurs hit the woodwork three or four times before they scored. Defence has been ropey all season.

The game reminded me of the Madrid one only they took their chances. Our defence that night was the same, bloody awful.

Agreed, as mentioned the back line was a joke, pretty much all game. That is most likely price of letting Trent roam.

Have to also accept that 3 nil up at home after 15 minutes is a tricky one. As for taking chances - we took all 4 of our shots on target. The one at the end only really coming via a brilliant assist by Moura.

That doesn't go in and people are saying very different things

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Agreed, as mentioned the back line was a joke, pretty much all game. That is most likely price of letting Trent roam.

Have to also accept that 3 nil up at home after 15 minutes is a tricky one. As for taking chances - we took all 4 of our shots on target. The one at the end only really coming via a brilliant assist by Moura.

That doesn't go in and people are saying very different things
    Reminded me of the Palace A game in the Rodgers title run-in season. 3 up, rampant and lkg like we would score 5,6 or 7 to equal city's GD then collapsed to throw away the win. Look at WHU A midweek too, how does a team leading into last 20 almost get caught on the break by the team chasing the game??? We just can't help pouring forward even when in the lead and 3pts seemingly in the bag. Our press and counterpress/break is masking all sorts of problems