Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Fulham

Quote Originally Posted by sydenham red View Post
    Reminded me of the Palace A game in the Rodgers title run-in season. 3 up, rampant and lkg like we would score 5,6 or 7 to equal city's GD then collapsed to throw away the win. Look at WHU A midweek too, how does a team leading into last 20 almost get caught on the break by the team chasing the game??? We just can't help pouring forward even when in the lead and 3pts seemingly in the bag. Our press and counterpress/break is masking all sorts of problems

That was the killer game for me, And yes had we just played it cool and held it and not gone chasing the GD…We opened ourselves up like fools to concede 3…

Destroyed me that game did,

There is a similarity - but this team is doing it chasing a European place - not City for the title.

Virgil looks all at sea this season. No coincidence we look so wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Devil's advocate only here.
    We were rocking before the subs. Spurs hit the woodwork three or four times before they scored. Defence has been ropey all season.
    You're right, he's doing a complete rewrite of the game as usual, we could easily have conceded 3 before half time after we stopped playing on 25 minutes and were incredibly lucky not too - To try and make out we were fine (which is what he has been trying to do) and our issues were only caused by the subs, well, it's typical Steveo, just constantly tries to bend the truth to whatever suits his agenda or narrative, the stats of touches and meaningful contributions showed we were playing with 10 starting Elliott in any event
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Liverpool win the title and the CL without Hendo.
    Hilarious - but good that you continue to show your completely moronic bias

If Thiago was 'making us tick' as Hendo did so superbly to lead us to the title and CWC, releasing our forwards in behind with pin point 20-30 yard balls, often dropped just over the head of Cbs camped just outside their own box, or releasing our forwards and full backs expertly with equally pin point medium to long passes and switches in time and space to create or assist, bringing entirely new dimensions to our play with forwards and full backs using Hendo receiving the ball as a trigger for their runs, and played even half the amount of perfect passes for our forwards and full backs in a game Hendo played in every game, I'd be a huge admirer of his, but sadly Thiago hasn't done any of that

As for making us tick, the proof is in the pudding, you can watch any of the games with Hendo at No6, then watch that first leg v Atletico and the forwards and full backs are STILL making the runs they were making that Henderson was connecting so brilliantly and so consistently from No6 that they only started making when he came in at No6 and directed them to, but Hendo wasn't in that position to oblige them and Fab was unable to make the team ticks as Hendo had done so superbly

If Thiago, Fab, Elliott or Jones could even do half the job Hendo did for us with or without the ball in 19-20 they'd all be very important players for this team and we'd have no issues in protecting our defence and giving the right service to our forwards, alas, that isn't the case

Some people more experienced than me went a lot further than me also

https://www.goal.com/en/news/flamengo-boss-jesus-names-liverpools-henderson-as-the-best-midfielder-in-the-world/1u61s5ae3qpb91dlwml8mbppds

It's a very safe bet Jorge Jesus knows the game a fuck site better than Steveo Ngog likes to think he does, most other people too for that matter

Liverpool win the title and the CL without Hendo.. Anyone who knows this game - knows that.
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 1st May 2023 at 11:12 PM.

Quite the career Jorge Jesus, instrumental in resurrecting Benfica and implementing many of the things that have made them continue to be successful and produce the players and playing style they have been doing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorge_Jesus

I'm sure Steveo Ngog will be along to let us all know why he knows better

Aww diddums…

Oh and there is no need to sneer at David Ngog. He had more impact on the club than you ever will.

He represented a very cheap opportunity for Rafa to bag a player with great potential.. It didn’t work out that great for him, but he was up against Torres and then Suarez. Not exactly an easy gig. He showed plenty of early promise though - as many young players do. Only for his career to fall off a cliff.

Just for 19…

Some Morricone thrown in for good measure…enjoy…:

Best midfielder in the world…

Klopp is too loyal.

Keep it together now.. 😉

It was you who sneered at David Ngog while also sneering at Gakpo

Don't make me quote you and embarrass you again

No-one is suggesting Henderson is the player now he was through 18-20, Jorge Jesus was entitled to his opinion of him in 19-20, Hendo was top top class and absolutely instrumental to our Champions League win and even moreso our Premier League win, my point as ever is you have to find a better player to take on his role, Elliott's not even close to being as good or important as 22-23 Henderson let alone 18-20 Henderson

Lads, how would either of you feel about a dedicated thread to your ongoing discussions?

Nothing against the two of you discussing and rehashing the same Fabinho/Elliott/Henderson/Thiago stuff - sometimes debate doesn't have a natural conclusion - and I am certainly guilty of repeating myself so can't be a hypocrite.

But currently it feels like we are seeing the same over-arching topic in about 80% of threads for a number of weeks where I think it could be held in a designated spot so you aren't responding to each other's comments from other threads.

Thoughts?

Best midfielder in the world…

Klopp is too loyal.

Keep it together now.. ��
    It was Nunez you muppet, you honestly watch that, see the Captain trying to organise defending that situation, physically put Nunez on their player to mark him and Nunez just walks off and leaves him and it's not Nunez's fault? Of course it's Nunez's fault he was given a man to pick up by Jurgen's manager on the pitch and as soon as Hendo turns his back, he walks off and leaves that player who then scores

Nunez was also to blame in part for Spurs second goal, being unexplainably the wrong side of their player who released him our pressure on the ball when it went to their backline disappeared entirely when Jurgen subbed Gakpo for Nunez who ended up being Spurs best sub

I've got a lot of time for Nunez, i don't think we've used him as well as we should have, he really does need to learn English though as a matter of urgency to better understand what's required of him to help the team and himself better

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Lads, how would either of you feel about a dedicated thread to your ongoing discussions?

Nothing against the two of you discussing and rehashing the same Fabinho/Elliott/Henderson/Thiago stuff - sometimes debate doesn't have a natural conclusion - and I am certainly guilty of repeating myself so can't be a hypocrite.

But currently it feels like we are seeing the same over-arching topic in about 80% of threads for a number of weeks where I think it could be held in a designated spot so you aren't responding to each other's comments from other threads.

Thoughts?
    Steveo is continually doing it Sid, i'm not going to let him get away with his nonsense, at least Miller also called him out for talking shite too, it's about time a few more did, because these dialogues are mostly happening because he keeps doing what Miller called him for and he keeps trying to rewrite how and why things happened in a game to try and support his ludicrous assertions we won games solely because of one player, usually Thiago or Elliott and trying to blame anything that goes wrong on Henderson or Trent when it's pertinently not on them

Look at his latest, Hendo gives Nunez a man to mark, turns his back, Nunez leaves said player who then scores and it's somehow Hendo's fault and not Nunez's? Wtf

It's time a few more started calling him on his nonsense because it's every thread now, he hates our club Captain and has a frankly ludicrous bias and agenda against him and i think he'd lost his shit because we've been so much better without his beloved Thiago who Jones is keeping out on merit and he can't handle it