Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Fulham

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Lads, how would either of you feel about a dedicated thread to your ongoing discussions?

Nothing against the two of you discussing and rehashing the same Fabinho/Elliott/Henderson/Thiago stuff - sometimes debate doesn't have a natural conclusion - and I am certainly guilty of repeating myself so can't be a hypocrite.

But currently it feels like we are seeing the same over-arching topic in about 80% of threads for a number of weeks where I think it could be held in a designated spot so you aren't responding to each other's comments from other threads.

Thoughts?
    Make it so

Jordan Henderson left red-faced as barked orders at Darwin Nunez spectacularly backfire

Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson was at fault for Nottingham Forest's second goal during Saturday's 3-2 win, with his instructions for Darwin Nunez causing a problem

It was Gibbs-White’s goal that angered Liverpool fans, who noticed Henderson’s mistake in the build-up. As Forest prepared to take the long throw-in, Henderson can be seen instructing Darwin Nunez to move away from marking Gibbs-White to the edge of the box.
    But rather than pick up Gibbs-White himself, Henderson moved back towards Joe Worrell before being left in no-man’s land. The ball was flicked on at the near post by Felipe and looped over Henderson to Gibbs-White, who fired past Alisson on the volley.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/henderson-nunez-liverpool-nottingham-forest-29783168

Hmm..
    Nunez is goal side - pushed beyond and told to mark elsewhere..

Lets just admit that even 'the best midfielder in the world' 'can' get it wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Lads, how would either of you feel about a dedicated thread to your ongoing discussions?

Nothing against the two of you discussing and rehashing the same Fabinho/Elliott/Henderson/Thiago stuff - sometimes debate doesn't have a natural conclusion - and I am certainly guilty of repeating myself so can't be a hypocrite.

But currently it feels like we are seeing the same over-arching topic in about 80% of threads for a number of weeks where I think it could be held in a designated spot so you aren't responding to each other's comments from other threads.

Thoughts?
    It's a fair point Sid.. There seems so little going on in here much of the time,. but I imagine it gets a bit tedious. I did simply question. the selection of Henderson over Elliott for the next game, based on the last.

Seems to have ruffled a few feathers.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenpotter View Post
    Make it so
    It's not something I would like to set up on their behalf - feel that would be a bit disrespectful - but wanted to put the idea out there purely because one thread of conversation has permeated such a chunk of the forum.

No desire to "silence" anyone - just prefer threads to stay somewhat on topic.

To be fair Steveo, I’d rather none of the current midfielders in the squad started but we are where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Jordan Henderson left red-faced as barked orders at Darwin Nunez spectacularly backfire

Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson was at fault for Nottingham Forest's second goal during Saturday's 3-2 win, with his instructions for Darwin Nunez causing a problem

It was Gibbs-White’s goal that angered Liverpool fans, who noticed Henderson’s mistake in the build-up. As Forest prepared to take the long throw-in, Henderson can be seen instructing Darwin Nunez to move away from marking Gibbs-White to the edge of the box.
    But rather than pick up Gibbs-White himself, Henderson moved back towards Joe Worrell before being left in no-man’s land. The ball was flicked on at the near post by Felipe and looped over Henderson to Gibbs-White, who fired past Alisson on the volley.

[COLOR=#35334E]https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/henderson-nunez-liverpool-nottingham-forest-29783168
    That's a nonsense, Nunez isn't marking anyone, he pushed him towards Gibbs-White pointing at Gibbs-White, he is literally pointing right at Gibbs-White as he pushed Nunez in his direction, Nunez simply takes a few extra steps after the push, then doesn't bother picking him up as instructed

Got to love how people can misconstrue something so much through their dislike of a player, I am aware loads of the scousers in our support still loathe Hendo every bit as much as you do for taking the armband after Stevie, loads of them actually loath him for winning our first league title in 30 years as in theri tiny pathetic minds it should have been Stevie not him, it's fucking moronic

Lets look at it, points directly as Gibbs-White, almost pushes Nunez into Gibbs-White, would obviously not be trying to position him to not mark any player and certainly isn't pointing at any other player
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    To be fair Steveo, I’d rather none of the current midfielders in the squad started but we are where we are.
    I think most of us feel similar to varying degrees. we have seen so many different lineups across the midfield.

What we have now at least is competition for places up top. Makes it easier for all of our mids. Fabinho - after a disaster of a season - looking far better since we have had that genuine threat.

I think most of us feel similar to varying degrees. we have seen so many different lineups across the midfield.

What we have now at least is competition for places up top. Makes it easier for all of our mids. Fabinho - after a disaster of a season - looking far better since we have had that genuine threat.
    He looked better briefly when he was on the threat of a suspension, he's always made the mistakes he has made this season, I have pointed this out occasionally the difference this season is Jurgen ditching the LCM controller role and thinking he can play with an attacking mid at LCM and RCM and leave Fab in a DM role in isolation on his own, when he has never been a DM and less legs around him

It was never a recipe for success, as Hendo demonstrated brilliantly in 19-20 you need the No6 in our set up to be positionally consistently brilliant and have the passing to release our forward and full backs and the athleticism to get around the pitch, Fab doesn't have any of those things, going back to Fab and persisting with him has always been like the foolish man building his house upon the sand

Hopefully this is Fab's last season for us and we bring in Manuel Ugarte who has all the attributes we need in a No6 in to replace him

you may get your wish as he is probably our only sellable mid at this point.

you may get your wish as he is probably our only sellable mid at this point.
    I'd take that 22 year old Uruguayan lad over Fab every day of the week, I just want an actual proper DM of a good age with all the attributes we need in a DM in place moving forward, fed up of having to have legs around Fab picking up his slack, the DM is supposed to do that for our other midfielders not the other way fucking around, it's always pissed me off for that reason, it is THE most arse over tip things I have ever seen