Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Fulham

Just seen that Thiago requires an operation and will be out for a significant period,that’s got to be it for him , as good as he can be he literally plays one game in 8 and then he’s out again , it’s absolutely ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyliver View Post
    Just seen that Thiago requires an operation and will be out for a significant period,that’s got to be it for him , as good as he can be he literally plays one game in 8 and then he’s out again , it’s absolutely ridiculous
    Nobody could argue against the fact that his injury record for us is abysmal. Not sure he has ever had a great one tbf. But it doesn’t seem to take much for him to be injured. That’s too many times now.

We’ve had Oxlade and Keita for years, can’t carry another. Something has to give… serious surgery this summer. Then there is the back line.

Fabulous player in a less physical slower one or two team league in a 4231 set up as one of two playmakers in the one team or one of the two teams, a player Jurgen obviously likes very much, so much so he risked our future to try and pursue his own personal football fantasy and sadly, that has failed catastrophically

I'm very disappointed, I had hoped for so much more from him and he simply never delivered what I anticipated and expected he would

I hoped we could use him as a makeweight in a deal for Gravenberch with Bayern, it seems his appalling record of injur and availability has even scuppered the prospect of him being useful in that way
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Another MUST win game, we simply HAVE to win, so let's do just that

However unlikely top four looks right now, it is vitally important to keep putting all our intensity, energy and focus into each next game and getting the win and to at least keep asking a question of the teams above us, a win v Fulham would move us to just 4 points off the filthy, ahead of their game away to Brighton

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Nobody could argue against the fact that his injury record for us is abysmal. Not sure he has ever had a great one tbf. But it doesn’t seem to take much for him to be injured. That’s too many times now.

We’ve had Oxlade and Keita for years, can’t carry another. Something has to give… serious surgery this summer. Then there is the back line.
    Yes so true when you factor in oxlade and keita , 3 midfielders practically unavailable all season, prerequisite of the summer spend has to be buying robust players with a good injury record in the past

Don't forget Melo, Arfur Melo

Yes so true when you factor in oxlade and keita , 3 midfielders practically unavailable all season, prerequisite of the summer spend has to be buying robust players with a good injury record in the past
    And new medical staff. Something isn't right there.

Team confirmed:

Nunez, Hendo and Tsimikas in for Gakpo, Elliott and Robbo

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Tsimikas

Henderson Fabinho Jones

Salah Diaz Nunez

Not sure how it will line up, I've put Diaz as false 9, might be Nunez as an out and out 9, could be 4231, let's hope it works whatever it is, the is another MUST win game, we HAVE to win tonight, so let's do just that
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 3rd May 2023 at 07:18 PM.

Understandable giving Robbo a rest. Wasn’t close to his best the other day. Has been given lots of work with a roving Trent. Hopefully Hendo and Nunez can perform far better than they did against Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Understandable giving Robbo a rest. Wasn’t close to his vest the other day. Has been given lots of work with a roving Trent. Hopefully Hendo and Nunez can perform far better than they did against Spurs.
    Well, at least one of them is in for a player he outperformed v Sours

It might be 4231

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Tsimikas

Henderson Fabinho

Salah Diaz Jones

Nunez

You wouldn't think so, but you never know with Jurgen this season