Thread: Souness leaving Sky

Souness leaving Sky

Gutted about this to be honest, he was by far the best of all of them and by a distance
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

he talked a big game... useless at managing it!
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Just seen the clip of Souey saying goodbye to punditry on Sky Sports News from their match coverage today. Sure he's ruffled a lot of feathers over the years but it was emotional. With some great words from Jamie Redknapp and Kenny's daughter Kelly presenting. He even offered apologies to '100s of people' over the years for some of his views 😀

Amazing player, terrible manager, fair to middling, pundit. That said, I don’t think it’s an easy job. Truth is, whatever he says, it’s going to piss somebody off. I do admire the fact that he never sat on the fence.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Always respected his stance here.

Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I can still remember hearing on the BBC that he'd he signed for the club in Feb.1978 for £350k....Here's a classic foul by him playing for Rangers,a classic 'Ohhhhh' by Archie McPherson commentating....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygVgxYa3mlo

Yep it's a shame.. I will miss our Graeme... Mad as a box of Frogs, but we all love him.

Theres a parallel universe out there where roy evans replaces kenny instead of souness. We win the league in his first season in charge before kennys old team is slowly dismantled roy breaks the transfer record to sign roy keane and the rebuild continues as alex ferguson gets sacked for failing to deliver a title in his 7 years in charge as liverpool continue their domination into the new premier league era. It exists its a pity we never got to live it.

Kenny is my hero but he left just as the squad needed a near total rebuild.. Much like Fergie did at United. Whoever came in was on a hiding to nothing. Evens a lovely man but has zero charisma. We thought we were invincible under Kenny and Hillsborough - understandably took the stuffing outta the club.

Our long demise was as much about football very much taking a back seat to more important things like the 97.

At the top level - it doesn't take long to fall - but can take an age to get back. Thank the good lord for Klopp.

Always liked Souness as a pundit. He and Neville are miles ahead of the rest.