Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Midweeks other games Wednesday 3rd May - Thursday 4th May

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    By the time Utd kick off at West Ham on Sunday, we will be just one point behind them.

Oy Ten Hag….Beeeee hind yoooooooo !!!
    Christ that’s confidence miller. .

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    We won't get top 4 but good seeing them shits lose
    Agree - but hopefully they sweat a bit.

They're on 63 points. The maximum we can achieve is 71 points.

I don't believe we'll finish above them, but in the spirit of eternal optimism -

If we win all our games (don't think we will) and get our 71-point maximum, then we can only afford to see Man United get 8 points - they would also finish on 71 points then, but we would (almost certainly) have a considerably better goal difference.

So 2 wins, 2 draws and a loss for them to land on those 8 points - I can't honestly see them messing up in 3 of their final 5 matches, but if West Ham managed a draw or something it would certainly make things interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Come on come on come on come ON Brighton, nick yourselves a late late late LATE winner here NOW
    Well, I did say late late late LATE winner They don't come much later than that
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

And 3 points behind Newcastle before they kick off against Arsenal.

Let’s just hope Brentford are on the beach

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Well, I did say late late late LATE winner They don't come much later than that
    Lol in their "Fergie time" lol ....

Well we got the results we needed this week. Let us ein our game on Saturday. If we play Europa next season, not end of the world.

But neither they or Newcastle are on 72 pts yet. Those are pts that must be earned. Nothing is a given.

Come on you Reds sort out Brentford and let Moysie show them they made a mistake in letting him go. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    And 3 points behind Newcastle before they kick off against Arsenal.

Let’s just hope Brentford are on the beach
    Brentford will be a tough tough game, no chance they will be on the beach, like so many other sides they find their highest levels against us, we are going to have to prepare very thoroughly making sure our pressing and counter pressing is well focused on stopping them breaking and attacking us as they have in past meetings and fight with everything we have and all our quality to get the win in another MUST win game, we simply HAVE to win ,so that is what we will HAVE to do

A shame that both Newcastle and Man United still have to play Chelsea, given that they look like the easiest 3 points to get in the League at the moment.

Newcastleh have to play 2 form teams albeit at home, 2 teams fighting the drop and away to Chelsea last day who must certainly are due a win sometime. If the gods are with us and they only manage 5 or 6pts out of that we could pip them on GD. Big win required on Sat first though

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Well we got the results we needed this week. Let us ein our game on Saturday. If we play Europa next season, not end of the world.

But neither they or Newcastle are on 72 pts yet. Those are pts that must be earned. Nothing is a given.

Come on you Reds sort out Brentford and let Moysie show them they made a mistake in letting him go. ��
    Exactly keep asking the question knowing we have been in situations like this, fighting for something with everything we have until the very last game of every season in the last 5 seasons, and that none of the 2 teams we could catch if they slip up have that experience

We need to put all our focus and everything we have into making sure we beat Brentford and ask that question again of the filthy and Newcastle who both have VERY VERY losable games with the pressure they're not used to on them