Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Fulham

5 on the spin. Really is a shame we couldn’t have had 1 more win just to have the cunts up the road shitting their pants now.

FT 1-0 Boooooooooooooooom get the fucking FUCK in, up the bum job done, just teased the tip in AGAIN, as ever all the focus on the next game, another absolutely MUST win game, getting the win and another absolutely VITAL 3 points

I thought we made very hard work of that and may well have put Fulham away earlier had we not started with Nunez and then persisted with him at No9 when we brought Gakpo on, he won the pen, but overall he was poor for me, apart from early second half, he just never saw what might be on and moved and positioned himself to start runs and get on the end of things, he was nowhere near getting on the end of anything except for twice in all his minutes on the pitch and left us light in the press a lot meaning they could try and pick passes with no pressure on the ball
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Jaysus. That pen was soft.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    5 on the spin. Really is a shame we couldn’t have had 1 more win just to have the cunts up the road shitting their pants now.
    Indeed.

Imagine we had won the match at Old Trafford in the white kit.

Concerned about Nunez, not sure he will ever suit Klopps tactics/style. Another expensive flopp despite the obvious talent?

Quote Originally Posted by Gurthers View Post
    Concerned about Nunez, not sure he will ever suit Klopps tactics/style. Another expensive flopp despite the obvious talent?
    He needs coaching and to understand all our other players so he really needs to learn English, we need him to be able to understand what we need him to be doing, from Jurgen, the coaches and our other players in game

Talent isn’t that obvious imho. He’s a donkey that causes mayhem when played to his strengths. Which isn’t cf. we’re noticeably worse when he’s on the pitch lately since we got players back and a bit of form.

Talent isn’t that obvious imho. He’s a donkey that causes mayhem when played to his strengths. Which isn’t cf. we’re noticeably worse when he’s on the pitch lately since we got players back and a bit of form.
    We definitely seem to be worse unfortunately. Gakpo looking a bargain on the other hand.

Me too. Like someone said on the thread earlier hrs gone right off the boil.
    I don't see him being a top end player at all, you can't coach that finishing and composure he lacks. You either have it or you don't.
    Jota and Diaz are currently more effective on that left so he's out of that picture by the looks of it and he's never a central player.
    I want him to be a success but I won't lose sleep if he's sold,not likely though as they'd lose a mint on a sale of him.
    There's big issues all over this fuckin team.

He is not a donkey at all, he has scored 15 goals in 40 appearances, 7 in 14 from LFWD and 8 from 26 at No9 which isn't too shabby at all

I don't think he was brought in and used right at all, I think given his strengths and a lot of his best goals, the hard goals he scored in the Champions League came from his movement right across the line and being released or played in from a LFWD or RFWD position with outside in movement, with or without the ball

So that should have been our start point, using him at LFWD and RFWD, then using him at No9 but not always making runs in behind, have him dropping, getting hold of the ball, being strong, holding it up and holding off defenders, bringing other players into play and then turning following up the play he started looking to get into the box

He needs to be deeper and help make play and release players and follow play up, to have a picture he can see and follow it for me, he looks lost trying to make runs in behind through the centre, playing across the line making his runs in behind down the left or right was more his game for runs in behind at Benfica

It's a case of our not playing to his strengths, not seeing what they are, and integrating him using them while working on developing his other abilities, giving him specific movements we expected him to make and what the triggers were for them (as I suggested) would have helped him immensely I think

So LFWD, outside in runs when it went to Trent or Hendo in a position to cross for example, that would have helped him, give him something that works, that our other players are well practiced at

RFWD, do something opposition sides aren't used to from us, have him making outside in runs when the ball goes to or is with Robbo in a position to cross, might well have caught quite a few defenders out

Little things the rest of the team are well practiced at and good at, that will get him goals, get him integrated and build his confidence, we never did any of that

Look to have him receive in a little deeper as a No9, in front of the CB, lay it off, wide if possible, or to inside left or right then instantly spin and run off the CB looking to be released in behind through the channel between RCB and RB and LCB and LB

Or his pass to inside right say, goes from inside right to Mo, Nunez is on the move, Mo goes back to inside right, Nunez making a run to be released of behind Mo and their LB

These are all things that play to Nunez's strengths, things we could and should have worked on, I appreciate his lack of English is a barrier, but we have plenty of Portugese speaking players and coaches, so there's no excuse for me, we haven't done enough, we don't do enough coaching in general for me, there are lots of things we could and should have done with Trent and Robbo and STILL fucking haven't

Our coaches need to sort their shit out and Jurgen needs to stop talking about coaching players and fucking do some of it

Trent needs to still take positions and/or make runs to be released wide right or inside right in this new role too, because we need to have top quality crosses coming in still from both sides and we're already getting less from LB because of Trent's new role