Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Fulham

Palhinha and Robinson both impressed me tonight, Both played very well .

Mentioning Nunez our play forward to him has been terrible to be fair.. Salah has never been the best and playing the ball forward. hes always under passed it.. Hes been 50/50 for me so far. Time will tell if he makes it here.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Much prefer Núñez at LWF and possibly away from home, where teams generally come out a lot more. He’s a great “out ball” when we’re under pressure but less affective when there’s less space to operate and the game’s more condensed.

Salah was piss fuckng poor employed deeper in more of an attacking mid/winger role again tonight, it remains ANOTHER shit idea, he only scored because Nunez won a soft pen and he underhit so many simple passes allowing Fulham to nick it trying to operate as an attacking mid too, we need to knock that shit idea on the head for me, him dropping off then getting forward sporadically also affects the consistency of our press and when we get opportunities to counter with him in that new role/position it is noticeable he doesn't know quite where he is in the pitch and where the other players are, causing potential counters to break down
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Henderson's shooting hasn't improved at all for a few seasons now.

Glad to get that out of the way. It definitely won’t last in the memory. Happy with the clean sheet, that’s about it.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Henderson's shooting hasn't improved at all for a few seasons now.
    It's got worse , he scored a few tidy ones 18-early 21 age and injuries carching up, there's a few things his technique has depreciates in doing the last 2 seasons, things he did loads of through 18-21 that are a bit rough on the knees and thighs when hitting as many balls of that type so many times a game

Relieved at the win but that was never a penalty,we'll take it though...

Quote Originally Posted by Martyboy View Post
    Relieved at the win but that was never a penalty,we'll take it though...
    To be fair, they get one that didn't meet the 'meaningful contact' criteria in the first game

Hell of a risk starting Nunez at No9 and persisting with him there after Gakpo came on

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Talent isn’t that obvious imho. He’s a donkey that causes mayhem when played to his strengths. Which isn’t cf. we’re noticeably worse when he’s on the pitch lately since we got players back and a bit of form.
    Wouldn’t call him a donkey but I know what you mean.

He won us a soft pen that ultimately is all there was between us and a depleted Fulham. Plenty of games like that in the mentality monster years.

But this highlights the biggest point about why we are in this mess. On top of all the other injuries.. This is why so many opposition fans made the lazy commentary about us selling Mané. Our regular source of goals dried up. There was no dedicated front 3. The midfield then tasked with delivering some - something it simply never did or could. Then the frail back line which we witnessed late last season compounding the issue.

Look at our starting front line for the bulk of the season. Post the Diaz injury up at the Arse in particular. No Jota or Diaz and even Bobby missing a good chunk.. and with Mané departed, it was all on Nunez, a new lad in a new country. it meant Mo was swamped often double and triple marked out of games.. Then Gakpo came in post WC..Out of the blue… Not easy to try and get into the swing of things. He didn’t really and was anonymous if we are honest… it’s only since we have saw the return of Bobby (out again) and more recently Jota - and lately Diaz that things have become more consistently Liverpool like up there. Press and punish.

The confidence elsewhere has obviously has taken a knock - back line most of all - but we have goals again. Threat. Competition for places changes things.

Sadly the season is all but done before this came to pass.
    Last edited by Steveo; 4th May 2023 at 07:21 AM.