Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Brentford

Quote Originally Posted by pob View Post
    His best position is on the left, with his pace. He's not a CF though, not in a million years. No composure in front of goal and can't finish for shite
    We knew this when we bought him, a lot of what he did so brilliantly for Benfica was playing right across the line and being released left or right in behind or one v one against the full back, a lot of what he did best central was in following up play coming onto the ball rather than running in behind, looking at his show reels it was pertinently obvious from a lot of his finishes from that area a lot of work from our staff and the player was going to have to go into his finishing, Pimeira League goalkeepers are nowhere near the standard of Premier League ones

We have not used him or tried to integrate him playing to his strengths in any logical or structures fashion

By many accounts, and from what we still see from many of our players, Jurgen is not a coach who does a lot of coaching or micro management of his players as Guardiola does to get them doing exactly what he wants of part of team mechanics and his tactical plans, he has a quite basic template and he lets the players take responsibility and try and work a lot of things out themselves, some players need a lot more than that, and if he isn't going to do it, and our coaches aren't capable of doing it, then he needs to employ a coach or two who can and will do it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Think that’s a little harsh. We got knocked out of our early stride by a combination of shot refereeing and them being filthy snides all over the pitch. We had to compete to the end to win that game. And kept them to little or nothing in terms of good chances. We aren’t good enough right now to blow teams away that are dogged but we are competing and playing for each other for maybe the first time all season consistently. Not all bad.
    Maybe so mate. I'm overly critical always but I just think there's big issues with this team that shouldn't be glossed over with a few wins
    Ref was a tit, he always is though but I just thought we were second to lots of things. Fab gave away two ridiculous gree kicks and was rightfully carded on the second.
    Im not enamored with any of the midfielders we are linked with, I'm still bitter as fuck about the Bellingham saga though so that's probably clouding things.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Maybe so mate. I'm overly critical always but I just think there's big issues with this team that shouldn't be glossed over with a few wins
    Ref was a tit, he always is though but I just thought we were second to lots of things. Fab gave away two ridiculous gree kicks and was rightfully carded on the second.
    Im not enamored with any of the midfielders we are linked with, I'm still bitter as fuck about the Bellingham saga though so that's probably clouding things.
    What are you bitter about? Did you honestly think these owners were ever going to cobble together anywhere near what it would take to buy him? No, of course not, we were never going to get him ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by pob View Post
    What are you bitter about? Did you honestly think these owners were ever going to cobble together anywhere near what it would take to buy him? No, of course not, we were never going to get him ffs.
    I'm 100%bitter about the fact he wanted the move, he still does and FSG are passing it up.
    They lead every fan on and there's no fuckin doubt about it and then shit out when it came down to business.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I'm 100%bitter about the fact he wanted the move, he still does and FSG are passing it up.
    They lead every fan on and there's no fuckin doubt about it and then shit out when it came down to business.
    If he wants to come to LFC he has the power to see it through.

He would of course have to sort his agent out, work on reducing the fee by saying LFC only and turn down bigger wages elsewhere.

Another win in the bag, 3 more MUST win games, we simply HAVE to win, lets so just that, putting all our focus on winning each next one, one game at a time

This was a very good result and performance all things considered, not easy to play when you have an attempted PGMOL: stitch up and the focus and determination to keep a clean sheet in the face of the numbers of set piece opportunities they handed Brentford as well as continually stopping us building up any momentum or flow was excellent

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”