Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Leicester

Your team v Leicester

That ref today......wow......absolute joke.

.......................Alisson

Trent....Konate.....Van Dijk...Robertson

......................Fabinho

.............Henderson.......Jones

....Salah.........Gakpo.......Diaz

Just. Keep. Winning.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Completely agree

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Jones

Salah Gakpo Diaz

Another absolutely MUST win game we simply HAVE to win, let's do just that to finish as high as we possibly can, keep asking the question and applying the pressure
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

My main worry is prep - we tend not to do brilliantly when we have a break (international breaks particularly) and whilst it will be great to have lads come back "fresh" they absolutely need to be on it from the first whistle.

It'll be interesting to see how Leicester get on at Fulham on Monday.

By the time they meet us they may be 3 points clear of the drop - or they may be further into the mire.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    My main worry is prep - we tend not to do brilliantly when we have a break (international breaks particularly) and whilst it will be great to have lads come back "fresh" they absolutely need to be on it from the first whistle.
    I expect us to be better because we have a lot to work on that is new and stimulating

I'm not entirely a fan of the Trent tweak, I think the playing in CM part if being hugely overplayed, it is essentially what I was asking for since the summer of 2019, except a bastardised version of it that I view as less effective and potent

My idea was that Trent makes the play from RB deep, from stepping into midfield, from halfway line wide right, from inside right and advanced inside right and from advanced wide right, taking these positions at different points during the game in order to use all his abilities in making the play and to create directly with crossing and switches which I believe remain important to us

In this idea Mo remains predominantly forward making smaller movements moving their FB wide to open the channel, moving him inside to give us the wide to use, drawing him out/forward for players to make inside out/diagonal runs in behind to be released and our RCM adds the rest of the movement, covering Trent, exchanging positions with Trent and Mo, with the 3 manipulating the space between them

We did about half of this last season with Mo, Trent and Hendo in their trio on our right, with right to left switches or crosses always an option from all 3 as well and being fundamental to the supply for our left- I thought we would continue with that this season and it would develop further and function better, then we put Elliott at RCM that didn't support it functioning or continuing develop, move Thiago forward to be an attacking LCM rather than controller and tried to instill him as designated playmaker and everything we built up on the right was lost and Trent and Mo were both seeing far less of the ball in the positions they had been so successful and brilliant from for 5 prior seasons and with that our supply to our left and No9 was also hugely diminished

The reasons my idea had Trent moving between the positions listed and RCM covering for him and interchanging with him are obviously that it makes it virtually impossible to set up to man mark or counter off or at least far more difficult to plan to try to with that movement of his position disrupting the oppositions planned defensive set up and that he creates very differently from different areas, I don't think we should be losing his playmaking or creating from any of the positions on the pitch I listed, my idea was evolution, to build on what we already had, to expand on it, without losing any of it, that to me is evolution, losing his crossing, playmaking and switches from all the positions on the right by playing him too central too much is not evolution, it is swapping one thing for another

Watching us last season with half of the Trent evolution, then seeing that thrown away on Klopp's personal Thiago as playmaker fantasy to then get the other half of my imagined Trent evolution in the final quarter of this season is incredibly frustrating for me, it isn't that as no-one involved in our club reads here, sometimes it really seems like Guardiola does but I'm certain that's not the case either, but it is very reminiscent of every time some middle or senior manager took my theories and work and in passing it off or trying to pass it off as their own, without realising they didn't have the entire plan and didn't have a mind capable of evolving the idea to realise it to the extent I had, to then evolve it again and then bastardised it by adding their two penneth to attempt to make it their own, fucking it up in the process

Another absolutely massive MUST win game we simply HAVE to win, sl let's do just that

It is not going to be easy, we've dropped points away there in the last 2 seasons, last season with Mo missing a penalty and other great chances and them scoring quite late on with their only effort on goal, so we need to be at our very best, we have plenty to make up for in respect of disappointing performances away to Leicester in the last 2 seasons and we HAVE to win

They will be fighting for their lives, defeat to us could very well see them relegated, so we absolutely MUST win

Leicester Pfft a team of 19's is all we need, Mirror training>Leicester

Sound-track when we come on, YNWA? nah fuck that, Bee gees ALL THE WAY.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Sound-track when we come on, YNWA? nah fuck that, Bee gees ALL THE WAY.
    'Hot butter n all' Lou Courtney

Put the popcorn on the fuckers

Hope we've worked on the tweak with Trent and Hendo so Trent can go wide as well and further forward wide and inside without our leaving a gaping hole, as you know Leicester will be looking to target that area with Barnes and Maddison dive fest to transition through to try and release Barnes or Vardy

We HAVE to win this game, with the added bonus of winning it means Leicester HAVE to get something v the barcodes, after they've just lost to Brighton at home