Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your team v Leicester

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    They were awesome, putting the ball exactly where i wanted it with either foot with a huge variety of techniques, meticulously studied and practiced from 8-16 yards

People knock it, mock it, take the piss now i totally get that to normal ppl without anything like my levels of intensity and relentless pursuit of perfection in doing certain things, what is normal to me seems far fetched bordering on impossible to almost all of them

You should try applying yourselves sometime, try literally exceeding the rule of 10,000 at anything, studying in every minute detail such a variety of techniques of striking a ball and practice practice practice practice practice until you can do each one without even thinking, until you're automatically selecting the most appropriate finish in any given situation

You will need 3 years spending hours of every day with a football, i spent at least 4 hours a day, 8 hours or more a day on the days i did the garage training, i did 7's and standard keepy ups indoors, in my flat when i made myself good enough to and i never broke a damned thing

That's the difference between me and most of the rest of you
    It's amazing what Chat GPT can concoct these days
    Once a Red,
    you'll never walk alone

Quote Originally Posted by Frasier View Post
    Your levels of intensity are there for all to see, what with the volume, length and rhetoric of your posts. The real question is, what have been the outcomes for you? Has it led to a playing or coaching career at any level? Has it resulted in you reaching the top of your profession? Or does it simply mean that you know better than the forumites that disagree with you?
    The point really is, don't disbelieve things off hand that people tell you or write, because some people's normal is very different to others, I don't rule out what people say that to others would or might seem outlandish, because I have myself fallen foul of people assuming people are making things up because of their own limitations, I often talk to them about it as between people of the same dispositions, they will explain it to each other in a wat that makes perfect sense

The other point is, that if I can perfect certain techniques through a very clear process, using detailed study of footage and a great deal of practice and the understanding that if you practice enough different techniques in sufficient volume to the point they become second nature, your subconscious will in time select the best possible option of which one to use in any given situation for you each time at the grand old age of 39 in something I love and enjoy, when my physical health, speed, power and mobility of my younger years is failing me and I have the beginnings of arthritis, there's no fucking excuse whatsoever for anyone who gets paid to play football or coach it or as an analyst to not be a damned site fucking better at a lot of things they do
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Come on you mighty reds.