Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Champions League Semi-Finals

Quote Originally Posted by jinky View Post
    Call me old fashioned but I always want the British side to win. Even if they're from London. Up the North.
    Come on City. You can do them at your own back yard.
    Has there ever been a RM player sent off. Some of their play acting is embarrassing. Sorry if I sound anti Spanish
    Most English football fans are educated to be xenophobic by commentary and how our officials deal with equally embarrassing diving from England players and how they deal with diving from foreign players from the wrong club

Alan Smith did it in the recent Brighton v Man UTD game, an absolutely disgraceful and appalling dive from Rashford with no contact whatsoever, brushed it off as asking the question or something like he's English (or plays for the right team), it's clever play, the standard

Mitoma goes down at the other end with some contact minutes late he lays into him about it being embarrasing he's trying to con the ref there blah blah blah

I find it completely embarrassing to watch either National team, mens and womens both diving around all over the place and the PGMOL promoting that by protecting them and giving them constant free kicks for their diving in Premier League games or letting them get away with persistent fouling, especially the England players, unless it's Hendo or Trent of course
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Most English football fans are educated to be xenophobic by commentary and how our officials deal with equally embarrassing diving from England players and how they deal with diving from foreign players from the wrong club

Alan Smith did it in the recent Brighton v Man UTD game, an absolutely disgraceful and appalling dive from Rashford with no contact whatsoever, brushed it off as asking the question or something like he's English (or plays for the right team), it's clever play, the standard

Mitoma goes down at the other end with some contact minutes late he lays into him about it being embarrasing he's trying to con the ref there blah blah blah

I find it completely embarrassing to watch either National team, mens and womens both diving around all over the place and the PGMOL promoting that by protecting them and giving them constant free kicks for their diving in Premier League games or letting them get away with persistent fouling, especially the England players, unless it's Hendo or Trent of course
    Tbf most English fans will simply support whatever hurts their rivals. Especially in these modern times.
    You don’t imagine Spanish commentary is overtly anti English btw.

Edit: not just English fans. All football fans.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Tbf most English fans will simply support whatever hurts their rivals. Especially in these modern times.

Edit: not just English fans. All football fans.
    England is a highly xenophobic and racist nation, always has been, always will be, another of our little status quos too many people belong to

England is a highly xenophobic and racist nation, always has been, always will be, another of our little status quos too many people belong to
    Is it worse than Italy or Spain, genuine question. Dosent seem as overtly racist inside the stadiums anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Is it worse than Italy or Spain, genuine question. Dosent seem as overtly racist inside the stadiums anyway.
    That's England all over, 'it simply wouldn't do for one to be seen as being overtly racist' (in my best posh English accent), that's how we play it, pretending it doesn't go on when we're one of the worst, just not openly, whether it's better or worse doesn't really come into it for me, it's like saying we all may as well act like cunts because someone else is doing

That's England all over, 'it simply wouldn't do for one to be seen as being overtly racist' (in my best posh English accent), that's how we play it, pretending it doesn't go on when we're one of the worst, just not openly, whether it's better or worse doesn't really come into it for me, it's like saying we all may as well act like cunts because someone else is doing
    You’re alluding to systemic racism rather than just football I think. I’m talking about football, commentary etc. I reckon most broadcasters across Europe will favour their home teams. Don’t see a problem with it.

Nailed.

@eggy81

And indeed any other posters here who have never been to Madrid....
    Make it your business at some stage in your life to visit the beautiful Spanish capital and when there, book yourself a tour of the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium and let your jaw hit the floor in utter admiration.....
    The stadium, the dressing room with THE names on the lockers, the trophy room, the nightclub that is the European Trophy & CL room (we were there in 2014 when they had just won La Decima).....
    And have plenty of cash ready for the 3 floors of the gift shop on the way out...

Just do it. No one hated, or was more jealous than I of them back then, but we spent 3 hours in utter awe in that stadium that day in the summer of '14....

If you're a true football fan, just do it.... you owe it to yourself.....

And PS: Madrid isn't even that expensive for a capital city....
    Last edited by justincredible; 10th May 2023 at 08:09 AM.

Good post there Justin.

The Camp Nou is an utter kip compared to it Steveo. I can only imagine what the Santiago Bernabéu is like now since the recent revamp...
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!