Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516

Thread: This weekend's other gmaes Sat 13th May - Sunday 14th May

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I hope we're in the top four on the final day, playing to stay there in our final MUST win game of the season
    That would be dreamy, but I think it's something like 13 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss from Man United at Home so might be a stretch with them - unsure of Newcastle's Home record but I think 2 of their 3 remaining games are at Home as well.

I suspect Newcastle might draw against Brighton, which would leave us hoping for a favour from Chelsea on the final day for us to capitalise on right at the Death.

My biggest fear is both us and Newcastle finishing on the same number of points and us maybe losing out on goal difference. Don't want to be in a situation where we're 1-0 up against Southampton at half-time and it's being communicated to the lads that they have to win the match 6-0 or something - so easy to lose control in a match when pushing for a big scoreline like that.

Palace 2014… Don’t go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Palace 2014… Don’t go there.
    An uncomfortable memory and certainly a cautionary tale - the upside being that if we win the League that season under Rodgers, the club/owners likely give Brendan more time with the club due to the "credit in the Bank" of winning the League and potentially we miss out on Klopp.

Much as it's unfortunate that Gerrard didn't get a League title, the upside of ending up with Jürgen in charge eventually is the "greater good" so to speak.

Very true Sid. I often wonder about that. Fate? Destiny…?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    An uncomfortable memory and certainly a cautionary tale - the upside being that if we win the League that season under Rodgers, the club/owners likely give Brendan more time with the club due to the "credit in the Bank" of winning the League and potentially we miss out on Klopp.

Much as it's unfortunate that Gerrard didn't get a League title, the upside of ending up with Jürgen in charge eventually is the "greater good" so to speak.
    Aye I've though ght that before. Same as if we'd beaten Madrid in the first CL final wed likely have kept faith with Karius.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Very true Sid. I often wonder about that. Fate? Destiny…?
    Just the Golden Sky at the end of that 30-year storm.....strange weather.

Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Just the Golden Sky at the end of that 30-year storm.....strange weather.

Stirring stuff Sid.

I go this far. As with the great Shankly.. "Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool"

Works for Jurgen just as well. A one off like Bill.

What a lucky club we are.

Brentford striker Ivan Toney has been banned from football for eight months after he accepted breaking Football Association betting rules.

Toney has also been charged £50,000 and warned about his future conduct for 232 breaches of the FA's betting rules.

His suspension starts immediately, but the 27-year-old can return to training with Brentford four months before it ends on 17 September.

He will not be allowed to play again until 17 January, 2024.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

His first game back will be Liverpool at home (I know being cynical)
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century