Page 12 of 102 FirstFirst ... 256789101112131415161718192262 ... LastLast

Thread: General Transfer Thread Summer 2023

Maguire going the other way? yes i can see that happening
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Don't think MacGuire wants to leave the comfort zone of the utd bench. Although he is pretty much perfect for a Dycheball low block team.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    That's a good deal for them. We could afford that if we wanted so let's not pretend this is them flexing muscles. 50mil.in the current market isn't a huge amount.
    It would be surprising given the reports Inter rebuffed a 50m offer from us and said we'd need to come up with 86m which is a more realistic valuation of Barella
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It would be surprising given the reports Inter rebuffed a 50m offer from us and said we'd need to come up with 86m which is a more realistic valuation of Barella
    They have liabilities of almost a billion dollars, plus their owner has failed to meet debt repayments, plus thirteen players are out of contract this month. They need money and quickly, so I expect some players to go below value.

The sort of situation that happens to clubs that take risks to stay on top and face actual jeopardy, something that fans of the club formerly known as Man City would never understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Agreed, that 50mil is a low value for him in the current market. But if Newcastle get him for less than 60mil that's a good deal. The wages might be huge which is where we would fall down.

That link with Newcastle has seemed to gone quiet though.

Newcastle allegedly have a budget of £75m this Summer so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Newcastle allegedly have a budget of £75m this Summer so we'll see.
    Whilst I am totally against the idea of a bottomless pit of money for any club this where FFP (or whatever it is now) is totally unfair. City / PSG / Chelsea have had their fun but now the door is closed to everyone else.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Whilst I am totally against the idea of a bottomless pit of money for any club this where FFP (or whatever it is now) is totally unfair. City / PSG / Chelsea have had their fun but now the door is closed to everyone else.
    Those clubs should never have been able to spend like that in the first place.

I do think an alternative system should be in place to give clubs that don't have a history of success more of a chance. Perhaps certain players could be excluded from sale or something to keep the balance - almost every side in the League in chunks of the 90s and early 00s had at least one really good player.

Clubs hoovering up good players just so other clubs couldn't have them has been very bad over the years.

Guardiola looks to be losing his assistant to the managers job at Leicester. Hope it might represent some sort of transition struggle for them next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Creator Supremes View Post
    Guardiola looks to be losing his assistant to the managers job at Leicester. Hope it might represent some sort of transition struggle for them next season.
    Struggle? Man City?

They'll get bigger sponsorships that "represent the pull of a side that totally legitimately won a Treble" and win the League again at the very least, likely Champion's League win again as well.