Page 19 of 102 FirstFirst ... 91213141516171819202122232425262969 ... LastLast

Thread: General Transfer Thread Summer 2023

So Ruben Neves who just moved to Saudi Arabia is now immediately linked with a move back to the prem with Saudi owned Newcastle.
    It really stinks doesn't it. Surely this can't be allowed to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Is he moving to the club that Newcastle's owners own in Saudi? Be funny if he was loaned back to NE England for their CL push, lol....
    Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Just checked out Ruben Nevez. He's 26 and in his prime, Wolves captain and all...
    Let's keep an eye on this one lads, lol....
    Jajajajajajaja..... Lol.... Knew it!

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    He wouldn’t improve City, with Rodri and De Bruyne already there but he would improve Chelsea and Arsenal
    It's their squad rotation that's impressive, unlike us they build after success.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Manchester City expected to submit an offer to West Ham for Declan Rice today. #MCFC have serious interest in recruiting 24yo England midfielder + it is anticipated a formal bid will be lodged soon to rival Arsenal for signing @TheAthleticFC #WHUFC #AFC

David Ornstein.
    That made me wonder whatever happened to Kalvin Phillips then I just saw this quote: "We have just won the treble so there is no reason for me to leave."

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I could be wrong, but as soon as they were in financial balance sheet difficulties and had layers it seems obvious they want to shift I thought "I'll be very curious to see the fates of the likes of....." and the following lads sprung to mind -

Mendy
    Kante (already off)
    Aubameyang
    Ziyech
    Kouilbaly
    Hudson-Odoi

We'll see at the end of the window I suppose. I'll write this list up somewhere and revisit at the end of the window. Don't mind being wrong if I am.
    Hey we both could be partially wrong,be good as you say to revisit,anyway with your list,
    update supposedly : Kante - left on a free
    Ziyech - in negotiations to move to Al Nassr FOR 8 mill
    Aubameyang - reportedly wants to remain in Europe
    Not sure if true,someone else mentioned Kante to be a practicing Muslim.
    Maybe several others Ziyech,Mendy and Koulibaly want the moves because of their
    North African heritage plus even at 8 mill for Ziyech his paycheques will be substantially rewarding whilst living in familiar surroundings.

We'll see at the end of the window.

Gianluca Di Marzio@DiMarzio·32m
    Declan #Rice getting closer to @ManCity: confidence to reach final agreement with @WestHam. @SkySport

They're not stupid are they! So if/as/when England finally win something (reasonable chance to win the Euros) they can claim it was all down to Pep Guardiola and the fairytale that is Man City breaking up the established order - a narrative that the media will be very happy to run with and parrot at length, either through fear of repercussions or through having already been bought - smart.

The one bit of solace is it won't rub me up the wrong way as badly as knowing that Jack fucking Grealish is a Treble winner

Why can't we spend an 100+ million on a player. theres rumours of Barrella but apparently the asking price is 65/70 so no chance for us.. we are a poor club apparently and please insidious do not reply and excuse their owners. we are 19th apparently in the last 5 years.. when it comes to buying and selling
    they are money grabbing shits
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Tonali to Newcastle allegedly
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Why can't we spend an 100+ million on a player. theres rumours of Barrella but apparently the asking price is 65/70 so no chance for us.. we are a poor club apparently and please insidious do not reply and excuse their owners. we are 19th apparently in the last 5 years.. when it comes to buying and selling
    It's not even about spending 100mil one on player. In fairness not many around worth that. I wouldnt give 100 mil for rice. But that's the market.

65 mil for Mount? Prices are gone mad.

But look at Thuram situation. Going by all the media reports 35 to 40mil gets him. If we truly want him why aren't we getting it done ASAP instead of waiting. Maybe the reports are wrong and we don't want him?

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    In theory we can, but we have a finite amount of resources and must allocate them sensibly.

Polite as your request is I must regretfully decline. If someone makes a point on a forum it welcomes a counter-point by default. It's how forums and conversations work - not to mention it would be dreadfully dull if it was an echo chamber in here.

As to your finances point, you have cherry-picked one aspect to suit a narrative. One counter I would offer is our wage bill - it's a massive one, indeed, it is about £150m more than Arsenal's on the last accounts if I recall, which is not exactly an insubstantial amount of money.

A lot of where we "invest" is in wages. Unlike some of our previous excellent sides (like the Rafa one) we now give out big pay packets to help keep our stars here. Lads like Torres, Alonso, Mascherano and Reina left, whereas Alisson, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Salah etc have ended up staying. Klopp is a massive factor of course, but being able to pay out big wages (like the £350k-per-week to Salah) certainly helps.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay