Page 20 of 102 FirstFirst ... 101314151617181920212223242526273070 ... LastLast

Thread: General Transfer Thread Summer 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    In theory we can, but we have a finite amount of resources and must allocate them sensibly.

Polite as your request is I must regretfully decline. If someone makes a point on a forum it welcomes a counter-point by default. It's how forums and conversations work - not to mention it would be dreadfully dull if it was an echo chamber in here.

As to your finances point, you have cherry-picked one aspect to suit a narrative. One counter I would offer is our wage bill - it's a massive one, indeed, it is about £150m more than Arsenal's on the last accounts if I recall, which is not exactly an insubstantial amount of money.

A lot of where we "invest" is in wages. Unlike some of our previous excellent sides (like the Rafa one) we now give out big pay packets to help keep our stars here. Lads like Torres, Alonso, Mascherano and Reina left, whereas Alisson, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Salah etc have ended up staying. Klopp is a massive factor of course, but being able to pay out big wages (like the £350k-per-week to Salah) certainly helps.
    I didnt read after the first bit. "we have finite amount of resources" lets face the facts here. we are valued at 4+half billion.. the owners. only wanna invest what belongs to the club when it comes to ins and outs.. once these greedy fuckers sell theyll take the sodding lot with them. its all about saving THEIR money
    These greedy sods need to thank Jurgen for making our club valuable by taking us to the top.. So thank him by giving him enough to buy top of the range players. not the cheaper option
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    It's not even about spending 100mil one on player. In fairness not many around worth that. I wouldnt give 100 mil for rice. But that's the market.

65 mil for Mount? Prices are gone mad.

But look at Thuram situation. Going by all the media reports 35 to 40mil gets him. If we truly want him why aren't we getting it done ASAP instead of waiting. Maybe the reports are wrong and we don't want him?
    Maybe we want to buy him for less than that?? we are trying to wait to see what happens and if they are desperate to sell and will listen to a lower offer.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I didnt read after the first bit. "we have finite amount of resources" lets face the facts here. we are valued at 4+half billion.. the owners. only wanna invest what belongs to the club when it comes to ins and outs.. once these greedy fuckers sell theyll take the sodding lot with them. its all about saving THEIR money
    These greedy sods need to thank Jurgen for making our club valuable by taking us to the top.. So thank him by giving him enough to buy top of the range players. not the cheaper option
    That's the Internet-era version of sticking your fingers in your ears as a child and singing "la la la I can't hear you".

We have a high wage bill. That is not a "cheaper option" whatsoever.

I'll say what I say to so many people who are "anti-FSG" - if you care that much, organise a protest and save the club rather than bleating about it to a couple of hundred lads on a forum. Simply complaining about them is all fart and no shit - do something about it if they're that big an issue.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Mohamed Salah has signed for Al-Adala.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    But look at Thuram situation. Going by all the media reports 35 to 40mil gets him. If we truly want him why aren't we getting it done ASAP instead of waiting. Maybe the reports are wrong and we don't want him?
    Any number of reasons.

For one thing the player might need sold on the project and we are perhaps doing due diligence. Or perhaps we are aiming to structure the deal in such a way that we pay in instalments to enable us to afford to address another position, such as some future-proofing at centre-back, rather than throwing a bunch of money down "up front" that leaves us in a trickier situation later in the window when balancing the books.

Or JW has seen a new yacht that has got his weener tingling.

Mohamed Salah has signed for Al-Adala.
    We won't miss him!

Any number of reasons.

For one thing the player might need sold on the project and we are perhaps doing due diligence. Or perhaps we are aiming to structure the deal in such a way that we pay in instalments to enable us to afford to address another position, such as some future-proofing at centre-back, rather than throwing a bunch of money down "up front" that leaves us in a trickier situation later in the window when balancing the books.
    Or we are being tight fisted and putting gout loads of sound bites only to say, his value increased after a great u21 championship. He is now out of our price range. Who knows? We certainly don't. But if he was a top target and Jurgen wanted him in before pre-season, this could have been wrapped up like macallister with a proper bid.

We should have enough funds for a 40mil player (on top of macallister) and have money left over for another 2 players. All the money made on the last 5 years thanks to Jurgen. He isn't seeing much of it, is he?

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Maybe we want to buy him for less than that?? we are trying to wait to see what happens and if they are desperate to sell and will listen to a lower offer.
    Ya maybe, but if he is one of our top targets (I'm not saying he is but reports say we are keen) then pay it and get it done before someone else comes in. 35 to 40 mil unfortunatly isn't a huge transfer fee these days. Sounds mad, but it isn't.

That's the Internet-era version of sticking your fingers in your ears as a child and singing "la la la I can't hear you".

We have a high wage bill. That is not a "cheaper option" whatsoever.

I'll say what I say to so many people who are "anti-FSG" - if you care that much, organise a protest and save the club rather than bleating about it to a couple of hundred lads on a forum. Simply complaining about them is all fart and no shit - do something about it if they're that big an issue.
    Gonna block you.. I will unblock you for the thread you will do in August " dont forget to enjoy yourself this season" not winning a major trophy for 4 years is nothing to look forward too RIGHT? we have zero money to buy the top players.
    Even though we are one of the richest clubs on the planet as for fingers in my ears blah blah blah..