Page 3 of 102 FirstFirst 123456789101353 ... LastLast

Thread: General Transfer Thread Summer 2023

Big strange if city sell Cancelo to arsenal, obviously don't see arsenal as a threat... or see cancelo being that good.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It'll be interesting to see what they do with Lukaku for a start.
    He wants to remain at Milan

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Bear in mind Haaland was "£51m" - let's wait and see what comes out about wages, add-ons, agent fee etc in time. Also that £86m that Real Madrid have paid (there will be add-ons for sure) likely has to be paid in one go in terms of deal structure, whereas we might have wanted to pay out four £21m instalments over a 4-year period for example.

Also, for all we know we could soon find out that Bellingham is getting £350k-per-week with them. We wouldn't be able to offer that as it leaves us in a very difficult position in the future if you renegotiate his contract, not to mention what other players joining the club would ask for - not to mention those already at the club.

We tend to offer (relatively) low wages when someone first comes and then update the contract as they prove their worth. Diaz for example is "only" on £90k-per-week or something, whereas he probably starts at £180k-per-week or more at a club like Chelsea.
    That 51m reportedly jumped after all the fees to over 85m similar to Nunez but with superb production.

This would be a step up in fees for them if true.

“Bayern Munich are prepared to pay £95m sign West Ham and England midfielder Declan Rice, with the German side determined to beat Arsenal to the signature of the 24-year-old. (Mirror)”

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    This would be a step up in fees for them if true.

“Bayern Munich are prepared to pay £95m sign West Ham and England midfielder Declan Rice, with the German side determined to beat Arsenal to the signature of the 24-year-old. (Mirror)”
    I watched him in a few games this past month and I have to say I was very impressed. But were has he been the rest of the season?
    Is £95 million too much ? I honestly don't know when It comes to transfer fees anymore.
    I always thought Harry Kane would be a good fit at Munich.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I always thought Harry Kane would be a good fit at Munich.
    Could see that working, yeah.

Can't imagine him leaving the Premier League while he chases records mind - wonder if Daniel Levy will finally cave if a Monster bid comes from Man United.

Apparently Man-united are going to pay 85 million for Mount, whos only got 1 season left?? mental if true
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Apparently Man-united are going to pay 85 million for Mount, whos only got 1 season left?? mental if true
    So 85M and then what another 5M in agent fees etc? I'm guessing a player going for 85M would expect 300K PW and a 5yr contract so all in the cost comes in about 170M for just one player!! its becoming a billionaires playground where FSG's model as admirable as it has been just cannot compete anymore. God knows how 2 fuckwits like hicks and gilette would've lasted in these times.

£85m you say??

So they’re thinking he’s the same sort of level as Maguire and Anthony?

Sounds like yet another astute purchase on their part.

well one online claims its 85 million..I think it'll be slightly less. But the wages will be ridiculous. Theres been rumours we have had talks with him.. but you can guarantee he wanted more wages than we were willing to offer. And i agree with that.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century