Page 92 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4282858687888990919293949596979899 ... LastLast

Thread: General Transfer Thread Summer 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Nobody has suggested that he said any such thing about this window. Stop twisting the script and moving the goal posts. But he has said it in other windows as he did during the title defence shambles.

“these decisions are not my decisions,”
    Well I'm responding to the post about needing 3 signings. When I called you clueless for agreeing with that you went off on one again. Can anyone guess what it was about? OK that was an easy one. Of course he was spewing about FSG not backing Klopp.

Your MO seems to be this. Make some random shit up about what we need in a transfer window. If it doesn't happen then slate FSG for not backing Klopp, even though it was your crazy demands and nothing to do with Klopp.

Frustrated Jurgen Klopp reveals he doesn't have control over transfer activity

Jurgen Klopp has said that he is not in charge of transfer decisions.
    However, the boss added that it's not something he thinks about either.
    The lack of centre-back signings might cost Liverpool the chance to compete for major honours this season.
    “These decisions are not my decisions. If somebody thinks we should do something [they will decide],” Klopp said in his post-match press conference.

“I cannot decide if we do something in the transfer window or not, that must be clear. But that’s not something I’m thinking about.”

Despite the injuries finally catching up with Liverpool, there seems to be no indication that the club is moving for a centre-back in January.

Though Klopp also accepted responsibility for the loss against Burnley, this is the first time the Reds boss has expressed his discontent with transfers.

https://tribuna.com/en/news/liverpoolfc-2021-01-22-frustrated-jurgen-klopp-reveals-he-doesnt-have-control-over-transfer-activity/?utm_source=copy

and

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/01/klopp-admits-transfer-decisions-are-out-of-his-hands-as-he-seeks-decisive-10/

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Well I'm responding to the post about needing 3 signings. When I called you clueless for agreeing with that you went off on one again. Can anyone guess what it was about? OK that was an easy one. Of course he was spewing about FSG not backing Klopp.

Your MO seems to be this. Make some random shit up about what we need in a transfer window. If it doesn't happen then slate FSG for not backing Klopp, even though it was your crazy demands and nothing to do with Klopp.
    It is when dealing with an obvious shill like Taksin. And please tell me what have I made up? YOu know Klopp has stated he doesn't have the final say - so you caveated it with THIS window. As though the entire inner workings have changed.

Quite transparent aren't you

Removing the hyperbole surrounding it, this is what Klopp actually said.

“These decisions are not my decisions. If somebody thinks we should do something [they will decide],” Klopp said in his post-match press conference.

“I cannot decide if we do something in the transfer window or not, that must be clear. But that’s not something I’m thinking about.”
    In other words, exactly how every other football club in the world operates. Klopp doesn't buy players out of his own money, he needs to agree it with the owners. Is that a shock to you?

Except you posted this garbage just moments ago..

Clueless. But let's see if Klopp agrees with you and makes those 3 signings in Jan.
    YOU are implying that Klopp does get the final say. That Klopp HAS been backed in every window and will be again. Something which some of us think is total bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Except you posted this garbage just moments ago..
    Yes, you are clueless. Klopp won't make those 3 signings in Jan. IMO that's because he doesn't need them, rather than anything to do with FSG. But if he did need and want them, he'd have to agree it with the owners.

Failing to understand that is naivity beyond belief.

Well I am so naive that in my tiny brain when Klopp that admits that transfer decisions are out of his hands what he actually means is - If I want 3 players in Jan - I can get them

Silly me.. This time maybe I am not the Victor..

As I said, park it now. You're just peddling nonsense and it's getting worse and worse.

You are Victor, never The Victor. Don't forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We need 3 signings this window

They should have been in already

This is again unacceptable by FSG
    Not really realistic though.

As I said, park it now. You're just peddling nonsense and it's getting worse and worse.

You are Victor, never The Victor. Don't forget it.
    Yeah…. well…..you really showed me didn’t you.

….but actually I am Steveo and I take no pleasure from your pain. Don’t shoot the messenger - I’m trying very hard to soothe your rebuttal