Page 96 of 102 FirstFirst ... 46868990919293949596979899100101102 LastLast

Thread: General Transfer Thread Summer 2023

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    What's your issue with our signings being on point ?
    It’s not “our signings being on point” though is it,

It’s clear - he says “Our transfers always have to be on point"

What do you think he is really stressing here? To me that is a clear statement that relates to WHY he would want to take more risks. He is saying we can’t afford to get a transfer NOT “on point” We can’t afford any mistakes.

That is almost impossible for any other manager to work with,

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

What do you think he is really stressing here? To me that is a clear statement that relates to WHY he would want to take more risks. He is saying we can’t afford to get a transfer NOT “on point” We can’t afford any mistakes.

Do you think he has made any mistakes in the transfer market?

what about this ?

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/08/jurgen-klopp-admits-he-would-like-to-risk-a-bit-more-in-the-transfer-market/

From August 2022? Just narowly missed out on a quad..

Jurgen Klopp admits he would like to “risk a bit more” in the transfer market

Jurgen Klopp has admitted he would be eager to “risk a bit more” in Liverpool’s transfer dealings as questions continued to be put to the manager regarding the club’s plans before the deadline.

“I realise it was always like this. Is it always easy? No. Do we discuss these kinds of things in public? Of course not! Why would we?

“And we won’t start now with it.

“Let me say it like this; from time to time I would be ready to risk a bit more. But, how I said, I don’t decide that. It’s fine.
    Ah yes, more replies to the dipshit media spend/transfer questions in press conferences. As said he fucking hates them.

As shown, I believe I've a good read of these with examples given already.

He would risk a bit more, maybe he'd have sold players and taken chances on less proven players, this 150 games marker for reliable data or whatever the number of games is one restriction.

But that criteria seems to have served us well along with the moving on from players who'd take bigger money elsewhere, or not buying bad eggs.

These criteria do put a limit on transfers as we need to see players when they've established themselves ober a decent time frame, we don't sign dickheads or mercenaries.

Do we think Mason Mount would gave got his united wages here, I'd suggest not.

And do you still think Klopp is fuming we missed out on your Chelsea boy Mount ?

If you want to win, your transfers have to be on point. It's what's fucked up many of our rivals I the PL and in Europe.

Mostly they have been on point, and above the market rate due to the restrictions we impose on ourselves in the market.

There have clearly been some failures, and we go on, and Klop extends his contract.

Victor conveniently left out some quotes from that article

“Look what I don’t like about [the question] is if I say now, ‘I’m not sure’, then we make a massive thing of it, but it’s not,”

So Klopp doesn't see whatever restrictions he has as a big deal but Victor does.

Who to believe?

Done with this babble.

VOTE JOCKY to sort this place out!!!

If you want our club to fuck up transfers more, well you're entitled to your opinion.

@CC

It has served us pretty well yes - in the 2 big wins- but left us short for the near misses - imo at least - and contributed to both bust seasons too.

This is WHY I rate Klopp so highly. Myself and many others do not believe the same model sees any other manager winning a title or a CL and certainly not both

Aye. When we win it's Klopp and when we lose it's FSG.

There you have it folks.

Garbage.

Thought you were done with it. And Klopp never makes a massive deal out of it. He never would not has he at any stage to anyone in the media. He is always careful to defend his employer YET we still have his words on the record.

We know what he means - he knows we know and so do the owners. They will get away with as little as they can and he will continue to try to spin plates with both hands.

all the while a bellend called jockstrap will credit the owner