Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Aston Villa

Your team v Aston Villa

Our thin Champion's League hopes live for another week.

.......................Alisson

Trent....Konate.....Van Dijk...Robertson

......................Fabinho

.............Henderson.......Jones

....Salah.........Gakpo.......Jota

Don't mind at all if Diaz plays again, just didn't feel he was quite at it with decision-making tonight and would back Jota to be clinical if a chance lands his way.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Same starting 11 for me, keep Mo pushed up for this one to keep Moreno back as he's one of their most dangerous players if not contained by making him defend instead of attacking, more of Trent playing between all the wide central inside forward and deeper positions he did today, between his midfield and full back positions, it makes it more difficult to try and set up to man mark him and set up to counter us, it looks like we put some fine work into Trent's movement through the positions and Hendo, Fab, Gakpo and Mo supporting that, I hope to see evidence of more fine tuning having been put into that in our game v Villa

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Jones

Salah Gakpo Diaz

This is another absolutely MUST win game, we simply HAVE to win, so let's do just that, it will be an incredibly tough game, Villa are no slouches at all in the press and counter press so we will need to be better at that than they are, they carry pertinent threats in Moreno attacking from LB trying to release Watkins and Ramsey and linking especially well with Ramsey if allowed to attack instead of being made to defend
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Just hope we can win it.

Would have a lot of Faith in us beating Southampton on the last day - even if it is away - whereas Emery sides can prove a challenge.

Get it won, hopefully Newcastle and Man United will be sweating.

Knowing us it’s beat Villa with ease and lose to the Saints with nothing to play for.

Hopefully Brighton will have already beaten Newcastle by then. Leicester need to beat them too!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Knowing us it’s beat Villa with ease and lose to the Saints with nothing to play for.
    As "Sod's Law" as that would be, I think if we beat Villa we're near enough nailed on to beat Southampton unless there's a red card for us or something wild. We still have loads of lads in the squad who were here when we went on a wonderful run (10 wins, 2 draws was it?) to get into the Champion's League at the last minute.

I don't see them flaking against Southampton if we enter that match having won eight on the spin.

We just need those two to fail to win their next game and it’s going right down to the last game.

Absolutely raging I give up my ticket for this one. Just to see Booby one more time. (Not in a gay way &#129315
    Thought seeing him score in the 7-0 against Utd wasn't a bad way to to leave it.
    Same team again should bring home the 3 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Hopefully Brighton will have already beaten Newcastle by then. Leicester need to beat them too!
    That would be great tv, Comedy gold watching both Utds bottle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Goal difference is a nag in the back of my mind. If Brighton can beat Newcastle then Newcastle can only end up on point tallies of 72/70/69/66 which (assuming we do our business and finish on 71 points) would take GD out of the equation.

Win/draw/draw from Newcastle or Man United brings them to the 71-point mark, though GD won't be a problem with Man United.