Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Champions League semi final second legs

Champions League semi final second legs

Tuesday

Inter Milan v AC Milan

AC Milan with it all to do Rafael Leao is back for AC Milan, which could help them, but having been watching a fair bit of Serie A lately Inter look to have stepped up to a much higher level than I've previously seen from them, they are very aggressive and good in the press and counter press and have some highly talented players who can score some fantastic goals for them who are all in or just hitting peak form, to the extent we could even have a surprise Champions League winner this season no-one expects

Wednesday

Man City v Real Madrid

My Real team, same as my last one, I don't think Rodrygo made much of an impact in the first leg, as was the case with the first leg last season, because City are very talented and powerful in midfield so he spent a lot of time tracking back too far away from goal and without the pressing, tackling, pace and strength and forward passing that Valverde can produce from a deeper position, everything Real created came down their right/inside right, he'll be a great player to have to bring on depending on Real's needs

I would keep Rudiger in a RCB rather than bring Militao back in, as the pair that played the first leg defended City and Halaand as well as anyone has this season

Courtois

Carvajal Rudiger Alaba Nacho

Modric Kroos Camavinga

Valverde Benzema Vinicius

That should get the job done
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I don’t think Kroos is good enough in the match up v Shitty and Camevinga is a little young. Asking too much of a very elder Modric.

Might be wrong but don’t see it. Vinicius is Real’s wild card - Pep knows all about Benzema. Keep Vini quiet and City can afford Rudiger to do the same with the Alien and still win.

I know it's increeeeeedibly unlikely, but can you imagine that Man City got past Real Madrid, only to be beaten 1-0 in injury time in the Final courtesy of a Dzeko winner.

We can but Dream. Realistically if Man City beat Real Madrid, it's theirs.

I know and I am gutted about it. It’s lovely that they STILL haven’t ever won it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I know and I am gutted about it. It’s lovely that they STILL haven’t ever won it.
    I've always wondered (hypothetical, as I think they'll win it eventually) at what point Man City's owners would change Pep out for another Manager with a view to winning the trophy they want the most?

I don’t think Kroos is good enough in the match up v Shitty and Camevinga is a little young. Asking too much of a very elder Modric.

Might be wrong but don’t see it. Vinicius is Real’s wild card - Pep knows all about Benzema. Keep Vini quiet and City can afford Rudiger to do the same with the Alien and still win.
    I think City will struggle with the Carvajal, Modric and Valverde trio as all teams do, so powerful and creative, Valverde is exceptional, Camavinga moving forward and linking with Vinicius in the second half saw Real look more threatening first leg

Hope so - Won’t be taking a City win very well I can tell you.

Loathe them. It’s getting almost to United levels.

Hope so - Won’t be taking a City win very well I can tell you.

Loathe them. It’s getting almost to United levels.
    I didn't grow up in a football supporting family it was the patterns in our play under Bob that got me supporting Liverpool, I didn't even know about the league table or how any of it worked, my head just really like watching them

I loathed the filthy because they got so many pure bent decisions and were supported to win things without being anywhere near as good as our sides of the 70's and 80's, Ferguson's 2 Champions League wins in 25 plus years show that all to clearly and I hated how their shithouse players and manager behaved with absolutely zero class, manc through and through

City have bought trophies, officials and fiddled FFP and commentary and punditry have said FUCK ALL about it and the Premier League, English FA, UEFA and FIFA have done FUCK ALL about it

They play far better football than the filthy gung ho get it in the mixer go to ground easy fergie time shit house cunts ever did or ever will, that was why I got to loathing the filthy so much, from what I'd grown up on, their football was just absolute garbage, a really piss poor representation of the Premier League

Because of pure bent officiating, the manc love in from the Premier League, English FA and PGMOL City have robbed our lads of TWO league titles we all know damned well our lads won fair and square

In the VAR thing Webb did on Sky tonight he showed instances of this season with the audio, no fucking pressure, not once was he asked if we could all hear the audio between Tierney and Kavanagh when deciding not to award the bitters a spot kick on 87 minutes v City last season in what was a clear and obvious deliberate failute to correctly apply the laws of the game, a decision PGMOL apologised to the bitters for and that very obviously decided the final destination of the Premier League trophy last season

Given all the unchecked financial advantages the twats have built their squads and success on, being robbed of TWO titles by bent officials, with those cheating twats 'winning' or rather being handed both by just one point is absolutely unforgiveable and for that I will always loathe the horrible cheating cunts and wish the worse to befall them and anyone connected to their shithouse financial doping organisation

So come the FUCK on Inter, Real and Brighton it is

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I didn't grow up in a football supporting family it was the patterns in our play under Bob that got me supporting Liverpool, I didn't even know about the league table or how any of it worked, my head just really like watching them

I loathed the filthy because they got so many pure bent decisions and were supported to win things without being anywhere near as good as our sides of the 70's and 80's, Ferguson's 2 Champions League wins in 25 plus years show that all to clearly and I hated how their shithouse players and manager behaved with absolutely zero class, manc through and through

City have bought trophies, officials and fiddled FFP and commentary and punditry have said FUCK ALL about it and the Premier League, English FA, UEFA and FIFA have done FUCK ALL about it

They play far better football than the filthy gung ho get it in the mixer go to ground easy fergie time shit house cunts ever did or ever will, that was why I got to loathing the filthy so much, from what I'd grown up on, their football was just absolute garbage, a really piss poor representation of the Premier League

Because of pure bent officiating, the manc love in from the Premier League, English FA and PGMOL City have robbed our lads of TWO league titles we all know damned well our lads won fair and square

In the VAR thing Webb did on Sky tonight he showed instances of this season with the audio, no fucking pressure, not once was he asked if we could all hear the audio between Tierney and Kavanagh when deciding not to award the bitters a spot kick on 87 minutes v City last season in what was a clear and obvious deliberate failute to correctly apply the laws of the game, a decision PGMOL apologised to the bitters for and that very obviously decided the final destination of the Premier League trophy last season

Given all the unchecked financial advantages the twats have built their squads and success on, being robbed of TWO titles by bent officials, with those cheating twats 'winning' or rather being handed both by just one point is absolutely unforgiveable and for that I will always loathe the horrible cheating cunts and wish the worse to befall them and anyone connected to their shithouse financial doping organisation
    So, you're not a great fan of jizzfest then?