Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910

Thread: Champions League semi final second legs

Quote Originally Posted by jamesugw View Post
    Sad to say but City were incredible - I couldn't watch after the 2nd goal. But you're also right, Steveo, to highlight that the unpredictable human element/luck/whatever-you-want-to-call-it can be a decisive thing in sport (in most human endeavours, actually). It's one of what's-his-name's 'unknown unknowns'
    If you play 3 midfielders v their effective 6 with 2 wide forwards not used to or effective in tracking back or playing or driving the ball forward or pressing or being pressing from/in deeper positions, they are going to do exactly what they did last night

The strength in depth and incredible amount of money they've spent to get to where they are and the process they've been able to use to bring each new player in under no pressure a season or two before they need to and to take a season or two integrating them, with them not playing all that much means they are of course going to be very good, but Ancelotti made it easy for them, by taking out Rudiger as well as the rest of it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Yes the Rudiger omission was strange to say the least. Snuffed out the Alien in the first game so effectively. Scratching my head on that one. Maybe not fully fit?

They were never beating City over two legs. As much as I hate them they're the best team by a street.
    Real's luck has run out in my opinion, they had.it in droves last season. Their players have been unreal but it's an ageing team in parts now.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yes the Rudiger omission was strange to say the least. Snuffed out the Alien in the first game so effectively. Scratching my head on that one. Maybe not fully fit?
    It made a big difference first leg because he made it his business to pick up Haaland, so he was never on to play off or try and release, which made it easier for the rest or Real's defence and their midfield to read what was coming from elsewhere without having to worry about where Haaland was and also allowed them to win the ball back a bit easier because City had to pass between players in a more predictable and less cutting manner with the ball to Haaland barely ever on

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    They were never beating City over two legs. As much as I hate them they're the best team by a street.
    Real's luck has run out in my opinion, they had.it in droves last season. Their players have been unreal but it's an ageing team in parts now.
    yeah midfield got fucked yesterday

I can see why they're after Bellingham etc now
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    yeah midfield got fucked yesterday

I can see why they're after Bellingham etc now
    Even if they sign Bellingham, they'd still get fucked by City playing 3 mids against City's effective 6 mids

just saw that every Champions League winner since 2013 has had a Croatian in their squad.

Inter have one...

...City don't.

Nailed on Footie Science right there.