Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Champions League semi final second legs

Maybe because I've never lived in the NW but I just don't get it. Why would anyone want RM to win another champs league. Come on City. The out pouring of glee on here when City lost to RM last year was mental. If City had won I think we would be on number 7 by now.

Quote Originally Posted by jinky View Post
    Maybe because I've never lived in the NW but I just don't get it. Why would anyone want RM to win another champs league. Come on City. The out pouring of glee on here when City lost to RM last year was mental. If City had won I think we would be on number 7 by now.
    Nobody "wants" Real Madrid to win - but many see it as the lesser of two Evils as they never want to see a Sports-washing side get their hand on Big Ears, as it would "legitimise" them somewhat and get a load of kids Worldwide starting to blindly follow an entity that should be sent to the Conference and stripped of all its' titles.

Also, realistically, in terms of who is left most I imagine would want Inter to win - just few believe they have enough to overcome the winner of tonight's match.

At least part of it is because Guardiola is a bit of a prick.

We play Real in one comp

Domestically City's continual creative accounting and fiddling of FFP has wrecked the Premier League and taken away almost all or any remaining magic from the domestic cups

On top of this bent officials, either bought or paid for by City, through family allegiances or the long prevailing 'Anyone but Liverpool' culture that has been absolutely rife in UK football for 3 decades, have handed City TWO Premier League titles 18-19 21-22 that our lads won through pure bent officiating and we'd have won 4 or 5 under Jurgen but for the sportswashing twats, it's not Guardiola, it's the money, Klopp beats Guardiola every fucking season if the 2 have the same financial resources

I don't want City to win anything or the filthy for the incredible damage their being propped up at the expense of others evolving did to our national game, i don't want City to ever win the Champions League and wish the very worst of fortune upon them both, their owners, all their managers and players past and present, all their shithouse fans and every single bent twat in any official body or our prick spineless media past and presentwho have support the corrupt reign of either, actively or through lacking the testicular fortitude to speak out and do the right thing

Judas 30 pieces of silver taking pricks, every single spineless one of them

Come the FUCK on Real and Brighton it is
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Wednesday

Man City v Real Madrid

My Real team, same as my last one, I don't think Rodrygo made much of an impact in the first leg, as was the case with the first leg last season, because City are very talented and powerful in midfield so he spent a lot of time tracking back too far away from goal and without the pressing, tackling, pace and strength and forward passing that Valverde can produce from a deeper position, everything Real created came down their right/inside right, he'll be a great player to have to bring on depending on Real's needs

I would keep Rudiger in a RCB rather than bring Militao back in, as the pair that played the first leg defended City and Halaand as well as anyone has this season

Courtois

Carvajal Rudiger Alaba Nacho

Modric Kroos Camavinga

Valverde Benzema Vinicius

That should get the job done

Come the FUCK on Real and Brighton bum them into oblivion (C) Steveo
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

You've clearly never been on Blue Moon lad....

Seriously? A Manchester club.. Good grief

Where are you from (or live)?
    Football is "tribal".

There are a ton of reasons why City is now the most disliked club by a lot of Liverpool fans. As much as I dislike Man Utd, I see them as local rivals and pantomime villains, and love to beat them,.. But i see them as a proper club, they have knowledgeable fans , they have a proper history, and traditionally try to play attacking football.
    But City..they are really disgusting. Apart from the owners..that is a long story in itself. There is the financial doping, the way that expensive lawyers find ways to cheat on it. Then there is stuff like footage of some of the players (players not fans!) after a game singing songs about Sean Cox, who suffered brain damage at the hands of Roma fans. Hardly something to mock in a song.
    Then there are people like Bernardo Silva who hate Liverpool so much that he refused to applaud during the guard of honour. ( I think he is a great footballer by the way). Then there is Raheem Sterling and him telling the media he was wanting to leave Liverpool to join a big club. (Where is your Champions league medal Raheem?)
    Then there is the way they play. Apart from being boring, which many people think they are, there is the whole tactical fouling thing which was absolutely ushered in by Guardiola. and personified by Fernadinho and nowadays by Rodri.They were one of the first teams to 'develop football' in that way. But more than anything it is the dirty money and the entitlement. And you can see Newcastle going the same way, which is shocking because I always liked that club.
    So Come on Madrid
    And then Come on Inter

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    There are a ton of reasons why City is now the most disliked club by a lot of Liverpool fans. As much as I dislike Man Utd, I see them as local rivals and pantomime villains, and love to beat them,.. But i see them as a proper club, they have knowledgeable fans , they have a proper history, and traditionally try to play attacking football.
    But City..they are really disgusting. Apart from the owners..that is a long story in itself. There is the financial doping, the way that expensive lawyers find ways to cheat on it. Then there is stuff like footage of some of the players (players not fans!) after a game singing songs about Sean Cox, who suffered brain damage at the hands of Roma fans. Hardly something to mock in a song.
    Then there are people like Bernardo Silva who hate Liverpool so much that he refused to applaud during the guard of honour. ( I think he is a great footballer by the way). Then there is Raheem Sterling and him telling the media he was wanting to leave Liverpool to join a big club. (Where is your Champions league medal Raheem?)
    Then there is the way they play. Apart from being boring, which many people think they are, there is the whole tactical fouling thing which was absolutely ushered in by Guardiola. and personified by Fernadinho and nowadays by Rodri.They were one of the first teams to 'develop football' in that way. But more than anything it is the dirty money and the entitlement. And you can see Newcastle going the same way, which is shocking because I always liked that club.
    So Come on Madrid
    And then Come on Inter
    Absolutely all of that!
    Fuck City and then fuck them again.