Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Champions League semi final second legs

Carlo was involved in major crimes tonight

Here's what Clay Davis had to say about his and his teams performance

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Creator Supremes View Post
    Any chance Guardiola will fuck off this summer now he's likely to have won the CL with them?
    This shit stained bin fire of a season needs some good news from it.
    Depends how much money is going into offshore accounts for him.

He will have "done it" so the pressure would be off and he'll always have a squad to work with that can compete on four fronts. They can fund it by having corporate seats that cost £1m-per-match and nobody will go, but they'll have the owners buy them up and stick cardboard cut-outs on them and say they are at "full capacity" while they supplement the crowd noise with speakers.

Revenue stream Champions doncha know - managed by a man who doped as a player, whose players have been to see his special Doctor and run by lads who have a business in Camel racing where kidnapped children make the lightest jockeys and are tied to Camels as toddlers and trained - so what if they fall off and die? They don't have names and their impoverished parents don't know how to track them down anyway.

The Beautiful Game! If they match Man United's Treble-winning exploits, their city neighbours in red can clamour for new owners of their own, rather than tackle the real problem.

It's okay though - Pep won at Barcelona, so it's all legit - what's that I hear you cry? Referees from that era are being questioned about bribery? Surely not! Saint Pep? Never!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Depends how much money is going into offshore accounts for him.
    Based on that game, the question is surely, how much went into an offshore account for Carlo's retirement fund to ease their passage to this season's final?

Carlo gets 2/10 for that shitshow last night, still completely bemused by the line up and tactics

I think they would likely have lost to the sportswashers anyway as they're wildly overrated and overhyped too, but at least they'd have made more of a game of it and not lost so tamely

You would have likely been calling it a masterclass had it worked though tbf. If Real catch City on the break. Get ahead and frustrate them and nick another - the sports media are labelling him the greatest manager in history.

19x so much in this sport is luck. Look at the 4:0 v Barca turnaround. watch the game. Watch the Roma away the season before.

There is nothing in either game that is great by design. Sometimes players take their chances and opposition players don’t.

City were incredible last night. They battered us so badly it could have been double figures - with ease. Arsenal destroyed. They are good. Just accept it.

Financial Irregularities F. C. Look like they could at last win the Champions League they've paid so much money for.
    After being banned from the Champions League for three seasons.
    Oh well, football is never going to be the same, is it?

Some City support tweeting 'only Guardiola' could manage a 4-0 v Real in the CL.
    Rafa did it with us 15 years ago plus it was 5-0 on aggregate after we also won the away leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

19x so much in this sport is luck. Look at the 4:0 v Barca turnaround. watch the game. Watch the Roma away the season before.

There is nothing in either game that is great by design. Sometimes players take their chances and opposition players don’t.

City were incredible last night. They battered us so badly it could have been double figures - with ease. Arsenal destroyed. They are good. Just accept it.
    Sad to say but City were incredible - I couldn't watch after the 2nd goal. But you're also right, Steveo, to highlight that the unpredictable human element/luck/whatever-you-want-to-call-it can be a decisive thing in sport (in most human endeavours, actually). It's one of what's-his-name's 'unknown unknowns'

City did to Real last night what we did to Barca. There's no coming back from that without a rebuild.

I get what you mean but the difference being, Barca dominated the game at Anfield - almost 60% of the ball. Just failing to score from multiple opportunities.

City dismantled Real. Dominated on all metrics. Again 60% of the ball and almost all the good chances. Courtois played a blinder and they still got smashed.