Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789

Thread: Other midweek games May 18th

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Wowzers.
    98th minute Sheffield Wednesday goal takes the League One play off tie into extra time, with Peterborough having won the first leg 4-0
    Miller, some match theres a Wednesday fan in our local and he got his wish for the comeback. Belter of a match really enjoyable stuff for a thursday night. Hope they do it in the final darren moore is a great guy on and off the pitch and deserves promotion after the season they had.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Well, I know where I’ll be spending my Thursday nights next season

I absolutely hate the Europa league, but it’s what we deserve, and it’s a lot more than we thought we were going to get a few weeks ago.

I really hope that our recent resurgence of form, doesn’t fool FSG into thinking that everything is okay in the squad.
    On the plus side, there'll be no early Saturday morning kick offs.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenpotter View Post
    Miller, some match theres a Wednesday fan in our local and he got his wish for the comeback. Belter of a match really enjoyable stuff for a thursday night. Hope they do it in the final darren moore is a great guy on and off the pitch and deserves promotion after the season they had.
    I agree about Darren Moore. He impressed me a few seasons ago when he took over at West Brom. Don't know what happened with him there but he seems to be doing well at Wednesday.

Wait till Thursday. 😳

coat…

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Well, I know where I’ll be spending my Thursday nights next season

I absolutely hate the Europa league
    I like it, but people know that - the "Sid Cup" etc

- Only one we haven't won under Klopp
    - Opportunities to give players plenty of playing time
    - The physical trophy you lift if you win is stunning
    - We owe Sevilla
    - Get to see different grounds rather than the same 8-10 teams of the Champion's League
    - Enter the competition as one of the favourites
    - Maintain a high co-efficient ranking so the Champion's League group should lean towards being "easier" next time we're back in it
    - It's another path to Champion's League footie if we miss out on Top Four, which is something to be thankful of if with Man City having one spot locked down and Newcastle likely to do the same soon
    - Chances of a two-legged tie against a Plastic Club are reduced as a lot of Europa sides are legit
    - Bye bye to stupid early Saturday kick-offs during the European schedule

I'd rather be in the Champion's League as it's more prestigious and generates more income, but I will happily take Europa as a back-up.

It is still far from over, the pressure is still there, given how the sides in 3rd and 4th have dropped off in their form in this last third of the season anything can happen in their last 2 and 3 games respectively

Leicester could be in a position of absolutely having to win, i think they most likely lose, but you just never know, Vardy, Barnes or Maddison gets them the opening goal and they have something to hold onto and maybe galvanise them, and the arse might fall out of Newcastle, or maybe they get a point, then they're away to Chelsea last day

It's Bournemouth's last home game tomorrow they'll either try and play football and most likely lose, or look to finish on a high with a big result and play their 451/4411 that got them results and out of trouble with Solanke, Billing and either of thei very quick wide lads looking to break and then they could very well get something, maybe all 3 points

Then the filthy have 2 home games, one v Chelsea and one v Fulham who'll be desperate to fuck their shit up after the FA Cup quarter final stitch up, plus their players won't want to risk injury ahead of the cup final

It's still wide open, it's STILL on
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I like it, but people know that - the "Sid Cup" etc

- Bye bye to stupid early Saturday kick-offs during the European schedule

I'd rather be in the Champion's League as it's more prestigious and generates more income, but I will happily take Europa as a back-up.
    That is a big positive i hadn't thought about. those kickoffs always kill us.