Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: This weekend's other games May 20th - May 22nd

Looking like the bottom three will stay as is, although I can see Leeds beating Spurs next week surely Everton can beat Bournemouth at home.

Leicester's only hope is that Newcastle are giddy with being top 4 and West Ham save themselves for Fiorentina.

I would have some hope for Leicester v Newcastle given they celebrated like their win over Brighton had sealed it, like it's alreayd done and dusted, if I thought Dean Smith was capable of setting up to frustrate and counter them with Vardy and Maddison in a 4411 with Barnes and possibly Tielemans breaking from deeper or a 4141 with Vardy up top, Maddison right and Barnes left

I don't think there's any point in Dean Smith playing Barnes up against Trippier, he's been Newcastle's star player, very good defending and attacking and when he is in trouble, he commits a foul he gets away with because he's and Engerland player and Southgate favourite, but I'm pretty certain Smith will try and play 433 and Trippier will easily nullify Barnes played up against him and Leicester won't get the opportunities to open Newcastle up

Newcastle need at least a point and will almost certainly be trying to go for the win from the off to avoid the risk of getting sucker punched and having to win away at Chelsea on the last day
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Looks like the bitters will stay up unfortunately. Leeds are doomed and Leicester are completely gone. Can't see the bitters loosing to Bournemouth.

City 1-0 Chelsea

Really terrible pass from Fofana to give City an effective 3v2 great finish by Alvarez, he's a player that lad, SHrek's strengths are he constantly quickly moves and repositions himself to be onside and in a position to put away anything put right on his foot for him and he's powerful and sometimes over powers defenders, he hasn't got great or refined technique, he shinned that over head they were raving about a few weeks back that wasn't a great goal or strike, but ALverez is class

I find Shrek a bit weird, he has basic limited things that are highly effective he's good at and has played in teams where they play to those strengths of his and support him just staying up there doing those things, which at times is like playing with 10 men, which obviously doesn't bother City. His finishing and technique isn't remotely refined, even in his running, he doesn't glide like most top players do, he stomps, but he gets the job done

You wonder if Premier League defenders will have looked at what Rudiger did to him in the first leg v Real and think they have to try and take him on the same way and if that will affect him next season

Man City 1-0 Chelsea FT

According to the BBC Chelsea had 6 shots on target compared to City's 2

Also according to the BBC Guardiola reinvented football.

Dortmund two clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Man City 1-0 Chelsea FT

According to the BBC Chelsea had 6 shots on target compared to City's 2

Also according to the BBC Guardiola reinvented football.
    He just reads my posts here to be fair

Here we go

Monday 22nd May

Newcastle v Leicester (This is an absolutely massive MUST win game for Leicester, they simply HAVE to get the win to give themselves a chance of surviving on the final day, Newcastle only need the draw, but are sure to be looking for the win)

It would make life VERY interesting if Leicester could by some miracle pull off the win, but I don't think Dean Smith is capable of masterminding such a win

For me, with Newcastle certain to be looking for the win, Leicester need to set up 4411 or 4141 and look to score on the break, with Vardy, Maddison and Barnes breaking and don't bother trying to release Barnes v Trippier, release him in inside positions against their RCB or start Daka as one of the players breaking

Come on Leicester it is (Yeeaaaaah right )

Everton losing to Bournemouth on the final day whilst Leeds beat Tottenham would be absolutely hysterically funny.

Still can’t believe we lost to Leeds and Bournemouth, they are absolutely awful.