Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Villa

Watkins penalty I still think was a dive, no-one mentioned it on the match thread, but Virgil played him onside
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Watkins penalty I still think was a dive, no-one mentioned it on the match thread, but Virgil played him onside
    Stonewall penalty, mate.

One thing I don't like about the tweak, is I don't think it should be the be all and end all of how we play going forward, there were Elliott, Thiago and Jurgen reasons our right side didn't work for over half the season, now those issues are no longer there, there isn't any good reason I can see why we can't revert to our midfield 3 sitting more in some games or at points in some games and pushing both our full backs forward

Going title winning 433 for a spell in today's game might well have reaped dividends, I also think that doing so is important to re-establish certain movements and automation that will be incredibly beneficial in the tweak system for when it is more refined and Trent is popping up in his deep, half way line of advanced wide RB position

There are points in today's game and others we've played with the tweak, where the midfield and forward are pressing very well, but the opposition then play out because Trent is in a deep inside position, when he would have been in a good wide right pressing position in our 433 that would have prevented that

I just think completely binning off the 433 is a huge mistake, that way of playing remains so devastatingly effective as we stopped our ability to play it to those levels, other teams didn't rumble it from the end of last season to the start of this, we made specific changes that stopped it working, removing the LCM controller role and trying to instill a designated playmaker for 2 and we should recruit to play both that system and the new system

Our 2 thumping wins and best displays this season unsurprisingly came playing that way 433 with a LCM controller, after the second one v the filthy, we immediately took the LCM controller role out again and got beat, which is why I so vehemently refute all the excuses made and the silly notions th twe haven't been the architect of our own shortcomings more than anything else

The main difference was that was played with the LCM controller, Hendo alongside Fab bailing him out which made us much better defensively and they involved Trent, Virgil and others in our playmaking so the whole team was making the play

From the tweak, all that is required to switch to the title winning 433 is to have the attacking LCM drop into a LCM controller role alongside our No6 and to push both Robbo and Trent wide and have them attack and use the space and move into it to be found with switches and diagonals or to support the player ahead of them in receipt of one as they always used to

We make the pitch wider that way, and can have Mo in positions he's more effective in

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Stonewall penalty, mate.
    Just seen the Hendo one again now, that's a stonewall too if the Watkins one is, couldn't see it as clearly on my stream on a smaller screen, but he very clearly twats Hendo's left leg, kicking where he thinks Hendo is going to move the ball to

Just seen the Gakpo disallowed goal again WHAT a fucking nonsense and completely and utterly bent piece of officiating, the jist of it is they decide the Villa defender hasn't played the ball deliberately, that it has deflected off him to Virgil who is therefore offside, when the Villa player clearly moves his leg in an action to play it to stop it going from Diaz to Gakpo, also after Diaz has already played the ball backwards

It's fucking scandalous

That fucking contrite cunt Webb should be made to come on for the cameras and explain WITH the audio every fucking bent decision those cunts make every week, he should have to be on ref watch every Monday, it's just entirely unacceptable

We were by no means great, but we weren't nearly as bad as a lot made out watching it again, final ball wasn't great too often, changing up to title winning 433 for a spell might have helped too, I often watch games again, especially when I've had to stream them as I just find it really stressful

Re our 433 title winning formation and automation, what's noticeable and affecting our final ball is in this tweak, our forwards aren't right on the shoulder of the full back or LCB or RCB looking to make the run in behind as we build play up, they are a yard off being on the shoulder waiting for a ball to try and run after rather than prompting the ball with their run or making it as part of automation when the ball goes to a player they know can play them through and connect that run

When players are uncertain like that, uncertain whether or not the ball might be coming or the player can connect their run, or uncertain the forward is making the run, it only serves to help the defending team, it is no longer second naturem seamless and done without having to think about it, it becomes delayed, laboured and telegraphed

Fucking hells bells, just seen those Tsimi crosses in the last 10 when my stream was being a bitch, so so SOOOO fucking close to Bobby getting the neat post header for the winner on 2 consecutive ones, so fucking unlucky

Lol every player's reaction when the box is loaded and Villa half clear the corner and Elliott takes the shot on Virgil and Gakpo especially

Feeling sick to be honest. First Mané and now our very special Bobby.

Seems like yesterday that guy from Cork was singing the… Salah… da da da da - da - daaaa Oh Mané Mané… & Bobby Firminoooooo….

Lump in throat.