Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Midweek fixtures May 24th 25th

Thursday

the filthy v Chelsea 8pm (come on Chelsea keep your heads, calm and focus to get the win like West Ham did playing this shower of shite and their FA PGMOL officials)

Come on Chelsea it is Watch the corrupt PGMOL try everything they possibly can to try and hand the filthy at least a draw
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

That was not even a full strength Brighton team. Both of their centre backs rested.
    Interesting that Southgate has named Lewis Dunk in his squad for only his second cap ever I think. But similar in the way that Trent has been belatedly recalled into the England fold, you have to wonder how Southgate will utilise these two players without changing his whole football philosophy. Dunk and Caicedo are the two most crucial players in the way that Brighton play out from the back in that W M formation. And they do it with confidence and bravery. Are you going to put him next to Harry MaGuire and sit deep like in an attritional war movie? First priority 'Don't concede!'.
    And we all know about the Trent conundrum.
    My guess is that Southgate is only taking these players into his squad to keep the media quiet, but he will hardly use them.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    There isn't a Trent conundrum for me, when we set up right we didn't have issues, had we had a true DM who read the game brilliantly and played right across the line throughout Jurgen's time here, I think the slight issues we had from time to time would have even been completely eradicated. Konate and Matip and RCM through their positioning have all be brilliant in many games at helping us make the very most of Trent's abilities

It only went very awry this season when we tried to go designated playmaker so he didn't get nearly enough of the ball in the deeper and near halfway line positions he had always contributed heavily to making the play from deeper in or in his more forward positions and through playing Elliott at RCM getting in the spaces Trent and Mo have always played in, and Gomez at RCB is just a liability who shouldn't still be at a club with our ambitions, he is nowhere near adequate cover for Konate or Matip and won't every get anywhere being their level and class of CB

It's a conundrum for Southgate is what i meant.

That was not even a full strength Brighton team. Both of their centre backs rested.
    Interesting that Southgate has named Lewis Dunk in his squad for only his second cap ever I think. But similar in the way that Trent has been belatedly recalled into the England fold, you have to wonder how Southgate will utilise these two players without changing his whole football philosophy. Dunk and Caicedo are the two most crucial players in the way that Brighton play out from the back in that W M formation. And they do it with confidence and bravery. Are you going to put him next to Harry MaGuire and sit deep like in an attritional war movie? First priority 'Don't concede!'.
    My guess is that Southgate is only taking these players into his squad to keep the media quiet, but he will hardly use them.
    So?

City on the beach anyway, bit of a nothing game.

But yeah brighton have done well
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

It's a conundrum for Southgate is what i meant.
    It would never have been a conundrum if he'd played the 433 that best suited the players at his disposal and prick Kavanagh and the FA Pgmol pricks hadn't endangered our players safety as frequently as they did in 20-21 that saw Hendo get injured for us and the euros, he could easily have won the Euros playing 433 and with Hendo at RCM in that

Thursday

the filthy Taylor & Kavanaghv Chelsea 8pm (come on Chelsea keep your heads, calm and focus to get the win like West Ham did playing this shower of shite and their FA PGMOL officials)

Come on Chelsea it is Watch the corrupt PGMOL try everything they possibly can to try and hand the filthy at least a draw

8 of the Chelsea starting 11 are 23 or under.
    They are getting mullered.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    8 of the Chelsea starting 11 are 23 or under.
    They are getting mullered.
    They might if they let the expected FA PGMOL antics that saw Villa wither and wilt through getting absolutely fuck all from the first whistle to the last get to them

You have thought Chelsea would have worked hard to get in some kind of form to get the win here, to get conifdence for next season and because of Liverpool with tight arse owners in the Champions League or the filthy and Newcastle with megabucks owners in there, surely they'd think they're better of with us in there

The build up was a great laugh, all the sad twats trying to talk the filthy up, talking about challenging for the title next season, De Gea has most clean sheets because they sat deep and defended in a shit load of their games, everyone is conveniently forgetting that scandalous offside decision that gifted them 3 points in their derby with City too

They were better under Ole in my opinion, before whiskey face involved himself and signed Ronaldo Ole even got a tune out of Maguire for the most part

Mudryk misses an absolute sitter, put on a plate for him