Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Midweek fixtures May 24th 25th

Fofana isn't a good defender, he's much better than Gomez, but suffers from the same issue of not having played enough competitive games having to do actual defending

We've not got to see a replays of any of the 3 Chelsea penalty calls

4-0 I knew that was coming after the first half score and missed chances and outplaying the filthy but letting in 2 really soft goals, the penalty for fernandes' dive has completely killed them
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Honestly, there's no excuse for this from Lampard, he's not under instruction from Poch from what he said, he had the chance, with the situation, to play a system they were used to, with as many players as were used to it or fitted it, be really hard to beat nad try and nick a win to damage another clubs aspirations, you know, like you;d expect a top team to try and do even in their situation and he served up this absolute shite in their defence

Thiago Silva sitting on the bench with Fofana and Chalabah as the centre back pairing, in a 2 at that when they have been that poor in a 3 so many times, says it all about his desire to ever attempt to make a game of this
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 25th May 2023 at 09:56 PM.

Felix pulls one back for Chelsea, their best forward, you know the one who started against us, if he'd played that first half this could have been a very different game

No way, bought all that shit outright and Chelsea only got Felix on loan

Well, top four handed to the filthy by Jurgen, no excuse for finishing below this shite or Newcastle this season, we've had issues, so have they and Newcastle with injuries and suspensions plus inheriting Maguire and the Ronaldo issue

The only consolation is we will have very limited opportunities to be given any Saturday 1230 kick offs, but if they have the opportunity to, you know they absolutely will

No, no excuses, we did it to ourselves last summer and confirmed with numerous pathetic no shows against the league’s lesser lights.

"I’m totally devastated. There’s absolutely no excuse for this. We had everything we needed to make it to next year’s Champions League and we failed. We are Liverpool and qualifying to the competition is the bare minimum. I am sorry but it’s too soon for an uplifting or optimistic post. We let you and ourselves down"

- Mo Salah, via Twitter

And he’s right.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    And he’s right.
    He is.

I hope the next "cycle" provides even half the joy as the last one. I take a lot of encouragement from how things started under Klopp - we didn't know exactly what we would go on to build at the time or what formation we would settle on, but we had a mixed group of players from previous Managers and we had the Europa League when he inherited things from Rodgers. We missed out on Champion's League football and sadly didn't win that Europa League match against Sevilla - but we utilised these "failings" as a source to draw strength from and progressed.

The squad we have now is certainly better than the one Klopp inherited and perhaps more importantly, pretty much all the players at the club all came in during his tenure besides Henderson - probably forgotten someone but oh well.

We can grow again, no question.

.......................Mignolet

Clyne......Skrtel......Sakho....Moreno

.................Lucas........Can

.....Lallana......Coutinho......Milner

..........................Origi

Bogdan
    Toure
    Sinclair
    Teixeira
    Randall

We've done alright.