Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213

Thread: Match Thread: Southampton v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Might be celebrated on here as much as Liverpool winning the title again.
    Most likely, it didn't go too well for us when i last tried to remove myself though, it's been a recurring pattern of my life, we were frankly in a right sorry state of affairs when i came back this season

I came back after Jurgen binned off his other 2 senior midfielders as it must surely have been their fault his Thiago as designated playmaker fantasy wasn't working and replaced them with Elliott and Bajcetuc only to lose 3-0 to then bottom club Wolves I came back to most here hailing that move as genius and Bajcetic being a world beater and Trent being useless blindly following a status quo being created by Jurgen in full blown Corporal Jones "Don't panic don't panic i'm in charge i'm in charge" mode

I recall things dramatically improving from my return, however unpopular questioning people's status quo and pointing out our manager had made huge errors might be, and almost all the players most here were blaming for Jurgen losing his shit playing a hugely significant part in the incredible turn around and those i cited as a the issue because of how Jurgen used them, Thiago, Elliott, Gomez and Bajcetic, barely featuring in our incredible but left too late turn around

I upset too many people's status quo here, i did that in every job i ever had (except the music because it doesn't work like the neurotypical world) and everything i ever invested and immersed myself completely into and lived and breathed too, but i changed things significantly for the better in all of my jobs, massively so and most everything i left quickly went to shit after i did so

Status quo is bad for you, it's bad for business, progress and maintaining continued success, the status quo here is that FSG are entirely to blame for our slipping backwards, that Jurgen is always right and has never made huge glaring errors and never fucks up and certain players are finished and their loss of legs, not Jurgen dramatically changing things was to blame for the rest of it

I hate to break it to you, but our run in the 8 games prior to yesterdays underdtrength Gomez at CB debacle, absolutely shattered your status quo
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 29th May 2023 at 11:14 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Putting all our eggs in the tweak with the box midfield is also a huge error, it should be a tweak to use against certain opposition and implement at stages of certain games, not our new designated way of playing

Trent and Robbo operating as the brilliant attacking full backs that they are, supported to do so by a positionally astute with excellent reading of the game, anticipation, pressing and counter pressing midfield 3, with both LFWD and RFWD playing high on the shoulder of the last defender remains an incredibly potent weapon in our arsenal for crushing a great many opposition sides

It would be a huge mistake to bin it off because Jurgen's Thiago,Elliott Gomez fantasy broke it, we were to desperately diabolical and corrupt officiating decisions away from landing an unprecedented quadruple with it in 21-22 with Thiago as one of the many contributors to making our play rather than employed as a designated playmaker

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Commentators reporting a fuckup from Hendo in midfield allowed Armstrong to pick up the ball head towards goal and score for 4-2
    Henderson tried a forward pass.

Am i alone in concern with kelleher yesterday. Didn't seem set for 3 of the goals and seemed to have a lot of positional issues

Quote Originally Posted by darrenpotter View Post
    Am i alone in concern with kelleher yesterday. Didn't seem set for 3 of the goals and seemed to have a lot of positional issues
    I agree Darren, thought he was poor.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenpotter View Post
    That was just a mess all round though, just a bunch of players running around with no shape, cohesion or patterns of play through a season of too much chopping and changing breaking down the understanding and cohesion of each other and the system we had between most players having built it up over several seasons, which 'WAS one of our greatest strengths, making us more than the sum of our parts

This season has been like having a child playing football manager who thinks you can just cobble together players in any given formation by their stats and it will magically function with all the necessary understanding other teams, even relegated ones have through consistency of formation, selection, position and role, how we managed to challenge consistently

It's no surprise to me at least our 2 best displays and thumping wins came from simply playing the formation and set up we had for 5 seasons in about the only 2 games we did play it
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 30th May 2023 at 10:50 AM.