Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: End Of Season Finals

Played like a bottom dwelling side away from home all night, But goals win games

The good news is they Will keep Moyes

Fiorentina often have fantastic shades of purple for their kits.

Would love an away or 3rd kit for us in that colour some year. Details would need to be simple but a clean white or pale silver for the badge/sponsor for example could look really excellent.

Danny Ings has now won more trophies than Harry Kane - good luck to him.

Good job West Aaaaaaaaam

Now come the FUCK on Inter
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

You see the celebrations from the West Ham players and fans and it reminds you no matter what the level of cup it is, it's still a cup.
    That's what football is about, winning trophies. Unfortunately alot of us ,supporters of the so called big teams have a snobbery about certain cups. You tell that too everyone at West ham this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    You see the celebrations from the West Ham players and fans and it reminds you no matter what the level of cup it is, it's still a cup.
    That's what football is about, winning trophies. Unfortunately alot of us ,supporters of the so called big teams have a snobbery about certain cups. You tell that too everyone at West ham this morning.
    Absolutely. No such thing as a Mickey mouse cup. You'd rather win it than lose it.

Absolutely spot on.

There's probably 6 or so clubs in England that have large chunks of their fanbases that say stuff like "if we miss out on Top Four I hope we miss Europe altogether" etc - unless circumstances are going to make it really difficult (very thin squad let's say) at the time then it's an odd attitude to have.

The justification always seems to be that it gives a better chance of a Premier League win or finishing higher up the Table for future Champion's League qualification with a view to an eventual Champion's League win. In the last 30 years we have won the Champion's League twice and the Premier League once - if we call those two the "Elite" trophies (to separate from other honours) then that is 3 trophies won out of 60 opportunities - so I think turning our nose up at other pots is daft - particularly if we want to extend/maintain our lead as the most decorated club in England.

Yep. Unfortunately the money of Premier League and Champion's League has created such a gap that the anything else is just a inconvenience for some.

Being from the North East, I spoke to a lot of Toon fans (young and old) that were far more desperate for a top 4 finish rather than winning the League Cup in Feb. This from a club that hasn't won a trophy in 50 years.

I do yearn for a simpler time.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Absolutely spot on.

There's probably 6 or so clubs in England that have large chunks of their fanbases that say stuff like "if we miss out on Top Four I hope we miss Europe altogether" etc - unless circumstances are going to make it really difficult (very thin squad let's say) at the time then it's an odd attitude to have.

The justification always seems to be that it gives a better chance of a Premier League win or finishing higher up the Table for future Champion's League qualification with a view to an eventual Champion's League win. In the last 30 years we have won the Champion's League twice and the Premier League once - if we call those two the "Elite" trophies (to separate from other honours) then that is 3 trophies won out of 60 opportunities - so I think turning our nose up at other pots is daft - particularly if we want to extend/maintain our lead as the most decorated club in England.
    Difference with the Conference League is that it is literally for the minnow nations. Europa League is for the top 16 nations only and the Conference League for everyone else. Yet again they've put a glass window on competiton.

While we wouldn't have had number 5 or 6, I would kill to go back to the old European Cup / UEFA Cup / Cup Winnners Cup. format.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side