Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: End Of Season Finals

Great to see the celebrations from players and fans.

Some of the players might not win another trophy in their careers and some of the fans might not see their team win another cup in their lifetime.

Who cares if it’s the lesser of the European trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Yep. Unfortunately the money of Premier League and Champion's League has created such a gap that the anything else is just a inconvenience for some.

Being from the North East, I spoke to a lot of Toon fans (young and old) that were far more desperate for a top 4 finish rather than winning the League Cup in Feb. This from a club that hasn't won a trophy in 50 years.

I do yearn for a simpler time.
    The game is/has been taken over by money unfortunately.
    As has been posted earlier, there is a joy in winning a trophy, irrespective of what the trophy is.
    The Champions League carries so much money that it's the ultimate prize for many clubs to qualify for.
    Cannot see things changing any time soon, unless a European Super League comes into being.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Yep. Unfortunately the money of Premier League and Champion's League has created such a gap that the anything else is just a inconvenience for some.

Being from the North East, I spoke to a lot of Toon fans (young and old) that were far more desperate for a top 4 finish rather than winning the League Cup in Feb. This from a club that hasn't won a trophy in 50 years.

I do yearn for a simpler time.
    Just said a similar thing on my whattsapp friends group. All the European trophies were prestigious back in the day. The rebranding of the European cup is what started the devaluation of pretty much every other cup. Scrapping the cup winners cup and then devaluing the UEFA are all the fault of UEFA itself.
    Wenger and Ferguson in particular were always big advocates of a top four finish over domestic cup, it's a travesty for fans.

I was just reading on the BBC how "Guardiola is already the greatest coach football has ever known." (Guillem Balague)

and then found this nostalgic piece, jumpers for goalposts:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/jun/09/modern-football-manchester-city-champions-league

"Hating other teams has always been as much a part of football fandom as supporting your own. These days my personal hierarchy of revulsion is determined by how morally bankrupt a club’s owners are, rather than more traditional factors such as local rivalries or whether or not Lee Bowyer was playing for them."

Come the FUCK ON Inter it is

Istanbul is renouned for incredible and unexpected victories by the underdog, Inter must continue that fine tradition this evening, for the good of the game
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I wont be watching it. not bothered if Man-cheaty wins it. If they do means they'll have to compete in the world club championship thats the time you need to win a few games in the league. and put massive pressure on them.
    My only concern is the first league game of next season.
    I know thats easy to say. But them winning it.. means nothing when things start up again. Just have to bite the bullet if do manage it.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Forza Internazionale Milano.....

A nice Italian job 1-0 Inter win will do the trick
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Love to see inter win this. Always had a soft spot for them since the Ruben sosa and Nicola berti days. Forza inter

Will people actually watch this?

I very much feel I will only turn it on if I see it's 3-0 to Inter with 2 minutes to go. Can't derive pleasure out of watching Man City at all really.

(Curiosity is a funny thing - could surprise myself and have it on just in case Inter actually play well enough to stand a chance)