Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Alexis Mac Allister Official

It's easy to look at not signing a proper midfielder as the reason we didn't get Champion's League football. It also fits a narrative if folks are keen to bash the owners - which people are perfectly entitled to do, opinions and all that.

However, the elephant in the room for me is our first half of the season.

Anyone care to take a guess how many points we got in our last 18 games of the season? We accrued 39 points. Had we managed any reasonable sort of form in the first half of the season we'd probably have comfortably finished 3rd - Man United managed 75 points (3rd) and Newcastle 71 points (4th) - double our 39-point tally from those last 18 games and you have 78 points - and that is discounting the 2 games to spare.

Yet we finish on 67 - because we only got 28 points from our first 20 bloody games. The players we had on our books should absolutely have had it in them to do better than that - even 33 points from the available 60 would have seen us finish in 4th spot ahead of Newcastle.

Makes for good reading for someone like Gakpo who was heavily involved in the second half of the season I suppose (perhaps we should have bought him last Summer!) but my point is, as well as having an extra mid (I would have liked one!) we absolutely didn't perform to anything remotely close to our best for half a season as a squad.

Yes Jurgen royally fucked up pursuing his Thiago designated playmaker fantasy
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It wasn't only Konate who tweeted a barbed comment that reflected on the management and use of our players, Mo's tweet after we failed to qualify for Champions League spoke volumes and absolutely nailed it 'we had everything we needed............´ and we did
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Good job Mo Salah wasn’t “listed” last summer then eh. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It wasn't only Konate who tweeted a barbed comment that reflected on the management and use of our players, Mo's tweet after we failed to qualify for Champions League spoke volumes and absolutely nailed it 'we had everything we needed............´ and we did
    So reading between the lines Klopp has lost the dressing room and he should go?

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    So reading between the lines Klopp has lost the dressing room and he should go?
    From what I can pick up (and he can correct me if I am way out) Nineteen loves Klopp, but dislikes certain choices he has made or makes (a bit like someone might not have liked Rafa so predictably bringing on lads between the 62nd and 67th minute) and given Nineteen's tendency to hyper-fixate on a particular point (something he would admit himself I should think) as a result of being Neurodivergent/"on the Spectrum" he'll keep making the point until it stops grating him.

I also would speculate that Nineteen knows that making the same points over and over might rub people up the wrong way when he reflects on it, but has little to no idea that he is doing it in the heat of the moment of typing, on account of the "itch" that comes with hyper-fixating and the behaviours that come with it.

That probably sounds a bit "diagnostic" and it's not my intent to make Nineteen feel a "subject" but it's the best I can articulate what I think goes on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Regards your last point - is there any actual evidence to suggest that FSG "let us contemplate Mbappe" - besides having no control over fans having dreams, was someone "high up" at the club meant to have a word with a journalist and say "put something out so our fans realise Mbappe isn't happening" - sites like the Echo etc will have LOVED that we never shut up about marquee targets as it would always get them more clicks.

John Henry doesn't twiddle his thumbs malevolently celebrating that he tricked us into thinking we were getting a player. Fans get carried away and it would be downright odd if they didn't - at the end of every season (and before every new one) the Table is wiped clean and every fan from every Football club thinks they are capable of targets relevant to their stature, whether it's a promotion push or a Champion's League finish or a title challenge or a particular player.

Just part of the Circus.

As to the possibility of Bellingham for £115m, it could simply be that the Club didn't want to be sinking such a huge wedge into a teenager and further catalysing the "football inflation" process given the type of targets we typically go for. If we buy Bellingham at £115m or more then the next target who should cost £35m ends up costing £50m and so on - we have no control over what other clubs do but we can take it upon ourselves to make intelligent long-term decisions and (conjecture of course) that may have been what we did with Jude.
    wakey wakey......we live in the brave new world of fake news and cyber warfare.....If you dont think the biggest clubs haven't got social media teams spreading the message they want us to hear then you are in a daydream mate.

Unless of course you yourself are part of that establishment working for John Henry embedded in forums like this to quell any dissent in the ranks?

LOL 😜

by the way my lad just got his first official Kit with Alistaire on the back...... before we signed Mac Allister .......He's farkin buzzing...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    From what I can pick up (and he can correct me if I am way out) Nineteen loves Klopp, but dislikes certain choices he has made or makes (a bit like someone might not have liked Rafa so predictably bringing on lads between the 62nd and 67th minute) and given Nineteen's tendency to hyper-fixate on a particular point (something he would admit himself I should think) as a result of being Neurodivergent/"on the Spectrum" he'll keep making the point until it stops grating him.

I also would speculate that Nineteen knows that making the same points over and over might rub people up the wrong way when he reflects on it, but has little to no idea that he is doing it in the heat of the moment of typing, on account of the "itch" that comes with hyper-fixating and the behaviours that come with it.

That probably sounds a bit "diagnostic" and it's not my intent to make Nineteen feel a "subject" but it's the best I can articulate what I think goes on there.
    Fair minded as ever Sid, regardless of where we are on the spectrum we all have stuff that grates (one of mine currently is blah blah Thiago, blah blah Corporal Jones, blah blah Elliott, Gomez, blah blah Status Quo).

I really can't see the love for Klopp (the notion of "tough love" is a nonsense and is sometimes used as an excuse for abuse, or self-abuse). So often as fans we don't see the full picture of what is going on or why a manager makes the decisions that he does.

And I can't see Klopp adopting Nineteen's ideas any time soon so it will continue to grate him for at least another season or two, or however long Klopp has left.

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    wakey wakey......we live in the brave new world of fake news and cyber warfare.....If you dont think the biggest clubs haven't got social media teams spreading the message they want us to hear then you are in a daydream mate.

Unless of course you yourself are part of that establishment working for John Henry embedded in forums like this to quell any dissent in the ranks?

LOL 😜
    My CPU programming cannot confirm or deny any access to the Scrooge McDuck Servers at this time, nor permit access via any other password but Wrinkle Dick.