Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cricket - 2023 Ashes

Cricket - 2023 Ashes

Australia win a thrilling first test. Could have gone either way.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/64958488
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

The women's test. England cricketers struggling a bit to catch the ball.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/cricket/65985944

Can't see Australia not winning this test match.

England have lost the women's test match. No surprise there then - couldn't handle the pressure.
    Aussies should win the series- limited overs stuff to follow.
    The women cricketers don't seem to have the fortitude/strength to handle any pressure thrown at them.

England men struggling in the second test. Need 300 runs with 6 wickets remaining.

Baxball has its merits and in theory 'should' make all the players better at dispatching bad balls when up against a top side

Trying to go hard after every ball against a side as good as Australia just needlessly giving wickets away is just pathetic

Aussies complete inability to play 'in the spirit of the game' appallingly on show again today, absolutely pathetic from them for the Bairstow dismissal
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Baxball has its merits and in theory 'should' make all the players better at dispatching bad balls when up against a top side

Trying to go hard after every ball against a side as good as Australia just needlessly giving wickets away is just pathetic

Aussies complete inability to play 'in the spirit of the game' appallingly on show again today, absolutely pathetic from them for the Bairstow dismissal
    The English are terribly hypocritical. What about Stokes nicking at Headingley in 19 and not walking? Or Broad doing the same years ago? McCullum talking about the spirit of the game is just laughable considering he did the same thing as Carey not once but twice when he was playing.

What an innings by Stokes though. He's a real fighter

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    The English are terribly hypocritical. What about Stokes nicking at Headingley in 19 and not walking? Or Broad doing the same years ago? McCullum talking about the spirit of the game is just laughable considering he did the same thing as Carey not once but twice when he was playing.

What an innings by Stokes though. He's a real fighter
    Good post..Being welsh I've no real bias towards either team....Bairstow was out simples...England play too many carefree shots to beat a team over a 5 match series as good as the Aussies IMHO....

Think England would be 3-0 up if they'd selected Foakes instead of Bairstow whose proved a bit of a Thiago or Fab in that respect this ashes in that he was expected to produce a lot more with the bat and got the basics wrong of the wicket keeping too frequently

4th test, Aussies leading 2 - 1.
    Old Trafford, Manchester.

Ashes lost

England could easily have won it 3-0

Bairstow shouldn't have played keeper

1st test Declaring unnecessarily early - Trying to put bat on every short ball - Bowling the same short stuff plan to Cummings and Lyon for over 70 overs

2nd test again trying to put bad on ball to all the Aussies short stuff giving away cheap wickets in both innings