Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Stadium - getting closer.

Did the stadium tour midweek (birthday present from my lad) and the thing that jumped out at me was not filling the corners in, why??
    Think they should have

Yes It certainly looks way better than the uber utilitarian, lilliputian proportions of the old Anfield road stand - which was always was a dwarf stand - the poor man of Anfield - so not that tough an achievement.

Personally I think the stand looks a bit cheap. The amount of exposed Steel is a simple kop out imo. Costs have been kept to a minimum.

All things said - it’s a decent stand BUT sadly no attempt to improve the roofline of the other stands and make the stadium feel like a homogeneous design.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yes It certainly looks way better than the uber utilitarian, lilliputian proportions of the old Anfield road stand - which was always was a dwarf stand - the poor man of Anfield - so not that tough an achievement.

Personally I think the stand looks a bit cheap. The amount of exposed Steel is a simple kop out imo. Costs have been kept to a minimum.

All things said - it’s a decent stand BUT sadly no attempt to improve the roofline of the other stands and make the stadium feel like a homogeneous design.
    Surprise surprise. Never seen any fan moan more than you. Stevehoe is a more apt username.

Aw bless.

Difficult to see a moan.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Aw bless.

Difficult to see a moan.
    “A” moan

You never stop Stevehoe.

Imagine moaning about the prospect of people moaning. Now there’s a thing.,

I also got a decent look at the new Everton ground at Bramley dock as the boat travelled up the Mersey yesterday morning.
    It looks good as you would expect but nothing special and sitting in the background was Anfield looking down on it !! Our main stand is bloody massive even from distance.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I took a walk past it today through Stanley Park and I have to say it's going to look very impressive. It also looks good while in the ground but I doubt there will be anyone sitting on the upper deck this side of Christmas. There looks to be alot of work still to be done.
    And no one turned up on site this morning .
    Bills aren't being paid by someone !!

We all know an outfit that'll tile the new bogs for free. Iddn't dat rite Ian'o?

Had a good look at it on Saturday. I’m no expert but I’d say most of the major construction work has been done. It just needs some finishing touches here and there. Lots of exposed steels that I assume will be clad. Personally I think it looks great.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!