Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Stadium - getting closer.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    And built whilst the stadium was still functioning at 60-80% capacity...

Lads, I'm sick saying it, but pilgrimage to the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium at least once in your lifetime...
    I'm certainly going to make it my business to get back now...
    Mibbie ye wull mak' it tae Anfield yin day.

The replacement fur Camp Nou is juist anither bland stadium. Gimme Anfield any day.

Sod’s law - I have been fleeced for tickets to see the WH Quarter final on the 15th. 2 days later they finally open the top of the Anfield Road end.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Sod’s law - I have been fleeced for tickets to see the WH Quarter final on the 15th. 2 days later they finally open the top of the Anfield Road end.
    Big John is definitely on here and he's been reading this thread and in particular your views on the stadium. 🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Big John is definitely on here and he's been reading this thread and in particular your views on the stadium. 🤣🤣
    I will be there on the 20th. Got my dates wrong.The game is under the lights. I won’t see it in good daylight. Will be my first sight of the new stand since it’s final fit out, I will be looking closely. John will be hearing from me it doesn’t meet with my expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I will be there on the 20th. Got my dates wrong.The game is under the lights. I won’t see it in good daylight. Will be my first sight of the new stand since it’s final fit out, I will be looking closely. John will be hearing from me it doesn’t meet with my expectations
    Anfield under the lights is special as well you know, have a great night mate.
    Get up to the ground early and get down to Taggys before the game, always a great atmosphere, live music with all the big Lfc songs to get the vocal cords loosened.

The Kop needs upgrading if at all possible....Can't help but agree with KC....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEj0HvfacGo

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Anfield under the lights is special as well you know, have a great night mate.
    Get up to the ground early and get down to Taggys before the game, always a great atmosphere, live music with all the big Lfc songs to get the vocal cords loosened.
    Oh I know mate - have been to many a game under the lights. Just wanted to do a close inspection in daylight. Driving up from London - will get a good few hours before KO but sadly it will still be dark. Longest or second longest night of the bloody year? and all. oOnly tickets I could get without paying silly money, and game sandwiched between Arsenal and United games - might not be the strongest of lineups despite being a Quarter Final.

Had I known the top tier of the Anny was going to be operational - I would have gone to the Arse game..

Ah well… still be fun..

Quote Originally Posted by Martyboy View Post
    The Kop needs upgrading if at all possible....Can't help but agree with KC....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEj0HvfacGo
    Totally agree with him..... AND feel like that about the ground as a whole. Match it all up. Would be a sight..

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/1...ansport-links/

Wow...! Only taken the 13 years to get here. This one is mainly on the Liverpool City council though tbf.

2 of the nations biggest clubs (don't laugh) and almost next door to each other YET the transport links are from the Victorian era.

Finally - something... Don't hold your breath though folks.