Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Could Fabinho be the next to be lured to Saudi?

Says in that BBC article Caicedo isn't a target.

Let’s hope they’re wrong then or we are likely to be playing Europa Conference in ‘24/‘25

Hopefully. There's still articles saying we are interested so we just have to see.
    Lavia is nailed on I think, just a matter of time now. The 40m comes in for Fab and that gets done. Personally think Colwill will be prioritised after, if another mid comes in it's likely to be from the other guys we were linked with.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/liverpool-thiago-fabinho-starting-together-alcantara-record-stats-jurgen-klopp/

IF Klopp has to sell Fab and Thiago to fund our next gen midfield, then we are indeed screwed. 2 of your key 3 seniors both out of the door. IF it does happen - it will be because nobody is likely pay more than a few cents for the captain.

Fabinho was both mentally and physically destroyed last season. Just remember who plays alongside him and how consistently poor he often was the year we almost made the quad.... Remember how much graft he ( Fab) had to get through in that 63 game slog.... Shattered late on in the season - then forced back into key games and finals he was never fit for. The milage he has clocked up on those legs under Klopp is immense.

Careful what you wish for...
    I don't think Thiago goes aswell.
    40m for Fab right now is a no brainier, I don't think Klopp would think twice over it. Fabs been a fantastic servant and leaves as a club legend whos won it all. He'll be remembered fondly by all but one of us.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Very bad feeling about this season unless we are planning to splurge. Losing way too much experience now.
    Don't worry we'll probably get a father figure on a free last day of the window.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Absolutely eggy which is why I completely agree with kev’s last post.
    He's a good talent but is he good enough to start every game??

is he going to help us get to the top level again? Wouldn't mind him of course but i'd like someone who is ready to step in and boss it.

Probably not yet..... we need someone in that's good now, for DM and not fucking kalvin phillips

Poulsen where u at

bit worried about this season too tbh can see us being wide open and conceding even more goals and scoring more possibly.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 15th July 2023 at 02:08 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Its always about improving the standard obviously.Its a big gamble removing all these midfielders and hoping we are covered with the replacements.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Should push for 50m
    Should have sold him for 70m in the summer of 2020 and bought a proper DM with better passing than him then

Quite amusing that the usual suspects are still trying to make it a Hendo/Fab thing by me, when i've said Hendo should take the money, for the record it was never and has never been a Hendo/Fab thing, there were obviously comparisons made because of times they played the same position, but if Hendo went and Fab stayed, i'd STILL be saying the same things about Fab

Fab was the poorest of all our most played mids last season

It's always been glaringly obvious why others always made it a Hendo/Fab thing, they're the same people who have always constantly overrated and even elevated Fab to cult hero status by virtue only of him not being Hendo who took the armband after their beloved Stevie and dared to be a far better and more successful captain, sad twats
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Sounds like you're against gerrard too, different times 19x my friend, different times.

Stevieeeee was literally a 1 man team at times, had to play with some shite to say the least.

2005 will always be the best captains performance

can't think of a single game hendersons changed to be honest
    Last edited by Kev0909; 15th July 2023 at 03:44 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I don't think Thiago goes aswell.
    40m for Fab right now is a no brainier, I don't think Klopp would think twice over it. Fabs been a fantastic servant and leaves as a club legend whos won it all. He'll be remembered fondly by all but one of us.
    Yeah, the No6 who constantly let the press of a pressing and counter pressing team be broken and was incapable of connecting the runs of our forwards and full backs from No6 either, who sometimes went to ground to make excellent crunching crowd pleasing tackles recovering his own poor positioning and reading of the game, but we gloss over the considerably greater number of instances he let it be broken and wasn't even in shot jogging back as the opposition scored

Good riddance terrible signing who constantly held the team and its evolution back
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”