Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Henderson gone

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    £12m is cheap for the player and his experience never mind the marketing value for them signing the "Liverpool captain" but it's more than we would get for him next year so that's FSG learning a lesson from Ox/Phillips.

Originally Hendo's wages were quoted at £700k per week, last night I've read it's £350k. Whatever.

He didn't quite win it all but he won more than Clint Dempsey.
    £350k per week without tax. I think the NET equivalent in the UK would be £700k

So we can expect to see him wear the rainbow armband on his debut then can we?
    f*cking hypocrite

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    £350k per week without tax. I think the NET equivalent in the UK would be £700k
    Ah yeah just read that it's tax free (poor old NHS!) but he will face a massive tax bill if he returns within 2 years

Ah yeah just read that it's tax free (poor old NHS!) but he will face a massive tax bill if he returns within 2 years
    Jordan Hedernondom.

You're welcome

Would a loan deal back to England during the 2 years affect that ?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Would a loan deal back to England during the 2 years affect that ?
    Interesting point, I don't know, it may depend on residency?

He probably wants to lie low for a while with the likes of Amnesty International on his back.

Interesting point, I don't know, it may depend on residency?

He probably wants to lie low for a while with the likes of Amnesty International on his back.
    Amnesty International....

“The everyday intolerance, bias and discrimination that many Muslims experience is a form of racism. Muslim women are disproportionately affected, as they face discrimination on multiple grounds. Very often their access to public places is restricted through policies and practices that are based on harmful gender stereotypes. Various laws across Europe prohibit Muslim women to wear religious symbols and dress at the workplace, in schools and in public generally. Policy makers must stop using racist and discriminatory rhetoric against Muslims and immediately take action to ensure that they can enjoy their fundamental rights to equality and dignity, and live their lives without discrimination."

The Hypocrisy is anyone genuinely believing that were they offered £35m a year to work in Saudi, they would stick by their “principles” and reject the offer.

Robbie de Santos, the director of external affairs at Stonewall, told the ECHO that he hopes Henderson can continue his support of the community despite the controversies around a move to the Gulf state.

“We are grateful to Jordan Henderson for using his platform to stand up for LGBTQ+ inclusion in sports and fitness, including by wearing our Rainbow Laces," said De Santos. "In the ten years since our campaign started, public attitudes towards LGBTQ+ people in sport have improved considerably, and this is thanks in no small part to bold allyship from athletes such as Henderson.

"We can’t deny the reality of lives for the LGBTQ+ community in Saudi Arabia, and we hope that Henderson continues his work to build towards a world where sport is everybody's game."

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    The Hypocrisy is anyone genuinely believing that were they offered £35m a year to work in Saudi, they would stick by their “principles” and reject the offer.
    I wouldn't take it, would not move to London for £35 million either.
    Not that I support the Irish state in its modern incarnation. It gets tougher by the day living with all these Americans here