Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Next seasons predictions

Ya can't bate a good session....

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I predict Chelsea will be awful again. Big Todd is the problem with that shithouse club.
    I'm curious as to how much (or how little) having a Manager like Pochettino will counter some of the madness. He is a good Manager.

Then, to counter my own point - is he? Now I mean - will he be able to replicate his best work during his time with Southampton and (most of) his time with Spurs or will the break from the Premier League and the general insanity of Chelsea football club prove to be obstacles he can't overcome?

If there was such a thing as being neutral/indifferent to a side as a case study for research, they're probably the stand-out "will they sink or swim?" side to look at. I don't think they will challenge for the Title or anything, but it's easy to envisage them going on a decent run for 10-15 games, Sky hyping then up, then going on a losing streak of 6-in-a-row after a questionable red card.

Could finish 4th or 14th, so credit to you for calling it one way or another as I personally can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I'm curious as to how much (or how little) having a Manager like Pochettino will counter some of the madness. He is a good Manager.

Then, to counter my own point - is he? Now I mean - will he be able to replicate his best work during his time with Southampton and (most of) his time with Spurs or will the break from the Premier League and the general insanity of Chelsea football club prove to be obstacles he can't overcome?

If there was such a thing as being neutral/indifferent to a side as a case study for research, they're probably the stand-out "will they sink or swim?" side to look at. I don't think they will challenge for the Title or anything, but it's easy to envisage them going on a decent run for 10-15 games, Sky hyping then up, then going on a losing streak of 6-in-a-row after a questionable red card.

Could finish 4th or 14th, so credit to you for calling it one way or another as I personally can't.
    He was not wildly successful at PSG and struggled with big money signings

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I predict Chelsea will be awful again. Big Todd is the problem with that shithouse club.
    I watched the Chelsea v Brighton game, Brighton were excellent before being reduced to 10 men, Chelsea improved greatly second half with Jackson and Mudryk impressing

Given we're starting from scratch with a system and second attempted supposed evolution Jurgen also has zero track record of success with and the plan seems to be for Bajectic and Morton to be our 2 supposed DMs, AND using Gomez at LCB and RCB for some games i wouldn't be expecting us to finish above Brighton or Chelsea or any of the clubs we finished below last season

Don't shoot the messenger i've only been warning of this since the back end of 19-20
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

You have, however we almost doubled our Title and European cup wins and won our only domestic cups (x2) in the season of 2021/22.

A whisker away from being by far our best season, or any season - for any club in history.

Must also be said though - that I stated openly after the summer of 2019 - in the wake of “bills to pay” ‘We could likely win the title next season (which we did) BUT would probably fall behind due to inaction in the market.’

Let’s also not forget… we were wasted BEFORE the end of the title season. Anyone who wants to debate that can stand in the corner with their hands on their head. Covid league pause let us regroup. The title was all but ours but we were shattered after 18 months of slog and no genuine investment in new blood.

The anomaly along the slide being the 2021/22 season. Didn’t see that one coming to be honest… Great achievement HOWEVER it was simply used by the owners as an example of why more top level investment wasn’t crucial.

these are the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    He was not wildly successful at PSG and struggled with big money signings
    Several Managers have failed to some degree or other with the PSG job and he has Premier League experience, which is why I am so curious to see if he sinks or swims.

We’ll be in around the chase for 4th again I’d say. Hopefully we don’t go through massive runs of poor form again so that we don’t need to win 10 or 12 on the bounce to have a chance of 4th

As above on our defensive display with Gomez included v Gruther second half
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Two more mids desperately needed, probably DM’s. That defensive display against German second team reserves frightened the life out of me.

Correct - but what else will we have to chop off to facilitate it..?

We have lost Oxlade Milner Keita Fabinho & Hendo… Thiago possibly too.

MacAllister and Szobozlai the only incomings.. It’s nearly August…

I have watched Klopp’s pressers and he doesn’t look like he is a believer. Hopefully he’s playing the game, but he isn’t usually the best of actors.