Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Next seasons predictions

It's looking like a scrap for 4th

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    It's looking like a scrap for 4th
    Fürth of Forth… 😜

Sorry I can’t help it

Anyone got thoughts on the likeliest relegation candidates?

I'd have it as Luton, Sheffield United and one of Wolves, Forest or Everton. Sod's Law dictates that Everton survive AGAIN (those bastich) so I will go with Wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Anyone got thoughts on the likeliest relegation candidates?

I'd have it as Luton, Sheffield United and one of Wolves, Forest or Everton. Sod's Law dictates that Everton survive AGAIN (those bastich) so I will go with Wolves.
    I would say Derby's record could be under threat by Luton. The Sheff Utd side looks exactly like the one that got relegated a few years ago.

Then from there, take your pick from Burnley, Forest, Everton, Palace, Wolves, Bournemouth, Fulham and Brentford

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I would say Derby's record could be under threat by Luton. The Sheff Utd side looks exactly like the one that got relegated a few years ago.

Then from there, take your pick from Burnley, Forest, Everton, Palace, Wolves, Bournemouth, Fulham and Brentford
    I'd be gobsmacked if Fulham or Brentford got relegated personally but you never know!

I'm past caring to be honest, last season's managerial shitshow and blaming every senior mid but the one whose deployment was the main cause of it, and don't get me wrong, he was only doing what he was asked to, not his fault it was a fucking shit idea, i never ever rated Fab, and it was never anything to do with Hendo, Fab just made continual errors leaving his man most good midfielders would rarely ever make, but after being publicly blamed and humiliated for Jurgen's fuck ups last season nobody can blame eitherFab or Hendo for leaving

I've watched in complete horror and disbelief as we've thrown the baby out with the bath water since Fab was brought back into the 11 in 19-20 but last season was far worse than anything i ever imagined, justt an absolute shit shoiw from Jurgen, lossing the thread so entirely he couldn't pick it back up again

After 46 years, i' think i've had enough, i hope for all of you who refuse to see it and for him he miraculously turns it around, i really do, but im not going to be around much to see us start almost from scratch with a new system that only came into being because he lost the thread entirely

Good luck
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I'm past caring to be honest, last season's managerial shitshow and blaming every senior mid but the one whose deployment was the main cause of it, and don't get me wrong, he was only doing what he was asked to, not his fault it was a fucking shit idea, i never ever rated Fab, and it was never anything to do with Hendo, Fab just made continual errors leaving his man most good midfielders would rarely ever make, but after being publicly blamed and humiliated for Jurgen's fuck ups last season nobody can blame eitherFab or Hendo for leaving

I've watched in complete horror and disbelief as we've thrown the baby out with the bath water since Fab was brought back into the 11 in 19-20 but last season was far worse than anything i ever imagined, justt an absolute shit shoiw from Jurgen, lossing the thread so entirely he couldn't pick it back up again

After 46 years, i' think i've had enough, i hope for all of you who refuse to see it and for him he miraculously turns it around, i really do, but im not going to be around much to see us start almost from scratch with a new system that only came into being because he lost the thread entirely

Good luck
    Glory hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    After 46 years, i' think i've had enough
    That's entirely your call and if that's how you feel, it's how you feel.

I will say that you have overseen disasters bigger than what occurs with the starting XI, formation and tactics such as Heysel and Hillsborough in your time.

You've witnessed a mismanaged transition from Dalglish through Souness. You've witnessed the arrival of Sky which changed the landscape, accompanied by rise and utter dominance of our arch-rivals Man United, who won 13-of-18 titles and were often assisted along the way by questionable refereeing. You've witnessed our barren years in the 90s. You've witnessed Houllier's initial success tail off.

You've witnessed another change in the financial footballing landscape via Chelsea under Abramovich. You've witnessed Hicks and Gillett and the broken promise of "a spade in the ground in 60 days" that never came to fruition. You've witnessed Rafa's team that was on the cusp be hastily dismantled and Hodgson come in, bringing Joe Cole on a free, Poulsen and Paul Konchesky in. You've witnessed "Klanfield" on a newspaper front page and seen us accused of a racist culture when Glen Johnson was the only(?) black player in the side. You've witnessed Brendan Rodgers show his inability to give a side defensive nous. You've witnessed our failure to make the best possible use of the sale of an incredible player in Suarez.

You've witnessed yet another change in the financial landscape in Man City, who were able to assemble a football squad through questionably sourced money as they contribute to the dismantling of the sport itself. You've witnessed us be robbed of two titles by these no-marks who never face any jeopardy and were able to create their dream set-up in laboratory conditions equivalent to a heavily edited FIFA file. You've witnessed almost everyone who isn't an LFC fan actively root for them because it stopped us.

Having gotten through all that, I don't think an injury-ravaged season that utilised midfielders who were past their best while we tried to change the guard in attack and implement a new system should be the straw that broke the camel's back, especially considering that this mish-mash managed 38 points from the last 19 games and thus shows the potential to get a Champion's League place to spring forward from (38 x 2 = 76 which could be a decent target to start with) - especially as the side continues to improve and as we have been quickly lowering the number of 30+ aged players in the side.

We are transitioning right now. Klopp has managed a transition with us before - he inherited a very mixed bag of a team and assembled one that was a joy to watch and finally got a League title in the bag, plus regular European Finals. Now he gets to do so again, only this time he has a much better squad at his disposal to get started with and we have a bigger stadium - and all this despite the fact that the wider sport is being eaten alive right now.

There's still something to root for. Dwelling on what might have been will only melt your Brain.

We have 5 quality attackers now, 4 of them being well under 30. We have a new Captain and vice Captain, with the latter a local lad. We have two exciting midfielders and should see another arrive soon. We still have quality in defence and we have the League's best goalie. We have a charismatic and intelligent Manager.

We're not an all-conquering force just now, but we sure as Hell aren't done yet.

Subconsciously 19 knows the giant that Klopp is. He knows that we have wasted his years here. Winning the 2 big ones came at the cost of killing the squad - going for both again last year did the same to last season.

Regardless of what is said - the subconscious knows what is there and what isn’t.

The owners are simply not up to the job

So he'll be Sitting in his house watching us now hoping we don't do well just so he can say "I told you so " .
    And If we do well he won't been seen again for the fear of having to tell alot of fellas on a forum he got it wrong.
    I just don't get it, we're supporters with opinions . That's all.