Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Next seasons predictions

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    He used to always hit me with an, I said:
    Origi was world class like Suarez.

Based on me pointing out big Divs good goals & assist per minute stats. For example... with 4 LFC Legends career stats

Origi 41 goals & 18 assists in 6,948 minutes
    Goal or Assist per 117.7 minutes

Suarez 82 goals & 46 assists in 11,324
    Goal or Assist per 88.5 minutes

Mane 120 goals & 48 assists in 21,593
    Goal or Assist per 128.5 minutes

Salah 186 goals & 79 assists in 25,045
    Goal or Assist per 94.5 minutes
    Yes he certainly showed it at Milan too, should have gone in summer 2019

To stay at the top you have to be absolutely fkn ruthless, Jurgen not strengthening areas that sorely needed it that summer doubtless gave FSG the idea they could stay at the top without spending a penny on upgrading first team and squad playing positions
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Fernando 'Juice' Torres will become Adama Traoré...

https://youtube.com/shorts/rl5Vn7FHol0?feature=share
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

The Europa League represents our best chance of a trophy and qualifying for the Champions League 24/25

If and it’s a great big IF still for me, IF Caicedo joins, all previous predictions of what we can do this season are blown straight out of the water.
    No one could have predicted this lot reinvesting £200m to rebuild our midfield while only selling tired or constantly injured, old legs (yes you too Fab).

What a pity we are not in the Champions League, although …. Europa is the one thing left for Jurgen to win.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    If and it’s a great big IF still for me, IF Caicedo joins, all previous predictions of what we can do this season are blown straight out of the water.
    No one could have predicted this lot reinvesting £200m to rebuild our midfield while only selling tired or constantly injured, old legs (yes you too Fab).

What a pity we are not in the Champions League, although …. Europa is the one thing left for Jurgen to win.
    It's the hope that kills you...

IF we do bring him in, I hope we drop the idea of playing Trent in midfield. With Mac, Szobo and Caicedo we have the legs and ability to go back to the high high-press 4-3-3.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    It's the hope that kills you...

IF we do bring him in, I hope we drop the idea of playing Trent in midfield. With Mac, Szobo and Caicedo we have the legs and ability to go back to the high high-press 4-3-3.
    Highlighting the error in ever moving away from it and missed opportunities to improve on it, like bringing in an actual DM with the box to box ability and Henderson's ability in playing the role to replace Fab in the summer of 2020

Thiago and Fab both constantly let the press get broken, their tackle count very clearly demonstrated that, you just don't have to be making that number of or kind of tackles if your positioning and reading of the game in the press and counter press is where it needs to be

Fab never had the legs or reading of the game of a midfielder, let alone a top DM and our performances in his absence in 19-20 clearly demonstrated he was the midfielder we could massively upgrade on

Thiago wasn't an upgrade on Gini as we gave away far too much in our pressing and counter press, physicality and ability to drive the ball forward without the supposed benefit of better creativity, goals and assists ever materialising

Mane's pressing from the front was also a massive loss and the coaching of Nunez, Diaz and Jota to replicate that and his trade mark runs was so obviously non existent it was pathetic

Trent playing in midfield only came about because Jurgen refused to relent from playing LCM and RCM both advanced and attacking and Fab's long time inability in reading the game and his positioning and his complete lack of any of the physical attributes of a top DM were repeatedly brutally exposed without another player alongside him

Not upgrading on what we already had with the same but better from 19-20 onwards was a complete fk up

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Highlighting the error in ever moving away from it and missed opportunities to improve on it, like bringing in an actual DM with the box to box ability and Henderson's ability in playing the role to replace Fab in the summer of 2020

Thiago and Fab both constantly let the press get broken, their tackle count very clearly demonstrated that, you just don't have to be making that number of or kind of tackles if your positioning and reading of the game in the press and counter press is where it needs to be

Fab never had the legs or reading of the game of a midfielder, let alone a top DM and our performances in his absence in 19-20 clearly demonstrated he was the midfielder we could massively upgrade on

Thiago wasn't an upgrade on Gini as we gave away far too much in our pressing and counter press, physicality and ability to drive the ball forward without the supposed benefit of better creativity, goals and assists ever materialising

Mane's pressing from the front was also a massive loss and the coaching of Nunez, Diaz and Jota to replicate that and his trade mark runs was so obviously non existent it was pathetic

Trent playing in midfield only came about because Jurgen refused to relent from playing LCM and RCM both advanced and attacking and Fab's long time inability in reading the game and his positioning and his complete lack of any of the physical attributes of a top DM were repeatedly brutally exposed without another player alongside him

Not upgrading on what we already had with the same but better from 19-20 onwards was a complete fk up
    4 fabs and 2 thiagos you're consistent I'll give you that

Quote Originally Posted by darrenpotter View Post
    4 fabs and 2 thiagos you're consistent I'll give you that
    It only serves to show how consistent and well below our best under Klopp both were in their pressing and counter pressing

Strange way to see it when with Thiago and Fab both playing, our form by the end of the quad season, including the disaster title defence season - was arguably the best it has ever been over any stretch of games under Jurgen.

I was one of Gini’s biggest fans but in 2020/21 he played 38 games and Thiago in his first season played 24. including a 10 game streak where we took 26 points without Virgil - Matip - Gomez & Henderson.

On to this moment and Hendo has gone - so has Fabinho yet Thiago is still targeted.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/liverpool-thiago-fabinho-starting-together-alcantara-record-stats-jurgen-klopp/

Some things never change.
    The powers to be have put the Merseyside Derby on Saturday 21st of October at 12.30.
    That's straight after the International break.
    Jurgen will be delighted.