Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fabinho Gone

Matip can be hit and miss but Gomez at CB is just a total miss, would rather try Jarell Quansah.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Matip can be hit and miss but Gomez at CB is just a total miss, would rather try Jarell Quansah.
    Now on THAT! We can alllllllllllllllll agree, somebody needs to tell Jurgen though, or maybe, just maybe, he's going down the RB alleged CB at DM route again
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    The end of a magnificent era - Stuart Broad retiring from cricket
    Im sure you've bowled better in the buff in front of a mirror
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Hahahaha now there’s a picture

A club stalwart........under rated and under appreciated at times. Its on we go though really cant wait for the season to start

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Im sure you've bowled better in the buff in front of a mirror
    Funny, but no, i never really played cricket, only really got into watching it when it became broadcast more often 20 odd years agoand you got the more detailed analysis about techniques of bowling and batting to a level way above anything football punditry has ever delivered, THEN it became really interesting

How they use the cameras combined with commentary now to really show what's involved in playing it now is really good for future generations to learn the game, for the kids it's probably better tutelage of the subject than they get in any at school

It's quite recent that they've really stepped that up, really honing in on bowlers and batsmen in great detail in the course of them playing Every ball bowled you now see the seam position and which side they have the shine, the release, the type of delivery, what it all makes the ball do and how they're trying to set the batsmen up
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 1st August 2023 at 01:57 PM.

At least were rid of him now, he was rank average and bizarrely wildly overrated, yes we play or played a pressing and counter pressing game trying to win the ball back quickly, but even in that set up, any half decent actual midfielder who has played at any level knows who is their man and when they can or can't leave that man to counter press because doing so will give the player we're trying to press an easy out ball and the player they left loads of time and space to receive it and release a player or drive it forward creating more gaps

Fab never understood this, or if he did got it consistently badly wrong, which is why it should have been obvious to everyone he wasn't even a midfielder let alone a top DM

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Although Fabinho and Hendo were both in decline, there is now a disturbing lack of experience in midfield
    Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    And lack of numbers too
    Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Still need two mids and a CB while the club sit swivelling on their collective middle digits
    FSG morphing into G & H.

Poor old Fab only won the only 2 big prizes of Jurgens reign. The o my 2 big prizes in Hendo’s 12 years - in his first 2 seasons with the club…

i started watching cricket about 30 years ago.I gave up during the diabolical period that was Joe Roots team..just comeback to it now.. Anyway back onto Fabinho, bye bye Liverpool love ya very much;.. PS I've just go my first million in wages in advance and my two dogs have been destroyed (joke)
    Excellent player for the most part..and the club got almost the same fee we paid for him. So everyone is happy most of all. old wrinkle dick scrooge mcduck
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century