Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: Fsg out #2

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Your question is utter bollox JillString. Like almost everything that excretes from your keyboard.

Go away and do some “due diligence.”
    That's what having no answer looks like people.

I tell you what's utter bollocks Stevehoe, suggesting we bin the owners after our most successful spell in a generation. May I remind you it was they who hired Klopp. Why don't you and the rest go back through history of all English football and count how many owners have won more than "Only 1 League and Only 1 Champions League". You might want to help him miller0863 instead of posting stupid, one word comments.

Let us know your findings or I'd suggest you STFU about wanting the owners out unless you have something to back it up with.

Liverpool owners FSG (Fenway Sports Group) are reportedly set to purchase the AT&T Sportsnet Pittsburg cable channel, according to a new report from the US.

The channel currently televises the games of the NHL team the Pittsburgh Penguins, which is another sports franchise owned by FSG.

The deal is set to be completed in October, according to a new report from Sports Business Journal (via The Transfer Room) FSG will purchase the channel from Warner Bros.

No doubt part funded with money resulting from the sale of LFC players.

Probably a fair bit of the £111m they found down the back of the sofa.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    That's what having no answer looks like people.

I tell you what's utter bollocks Stevehoe, suggesting we bin the owners after our most successful spell in a generation. May I remind you it was they who hired Klopp. Why don't you and the rest go back through history of all English football and count how many owners have won more than "Only 1 League and Only 1 Champions League". You might want to help him miller0863 instead of posting stupid, one word comments.

Let us know your findings or I'd suggest you STFU about wanting the owners out unless you have something to back it up with.

Aw the poor little resident shill - still trying desperately to remain relevant and bring home the bacon… all at the same time. My oh my… a woman’s work is never done..

I guess it is upsetting when some of your fellow Liverpool fans want your employers out.

Grrrr.. it must get so frustrating for you. I feel your pain. Lost the Scottish accent an everyfink..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Aw the poor little resident shill - still trying desperately to remain relevant and bring home the bacon… all at the same time. My oh my… a woman’s work is never done..

I guess it is upsetting when some of your fellow Liverpool fans want your employers out.

Grrrr.. it must get so frustrating for you. I feel your pain. Lost the Scottish accent an everyfink..
    It's much easier to point the finger at me than do the analysis I asked. Of course even the most superficial scanning of English football history would reveal what an utter idiot you are.

Anyway, aren't you supposed to be following your leader and ignoring me? I've already explained it's best you two do that because you can't participate in a grown up discussion.

Jesus wept the irony.

Decided, somewhat hesitantly due to my association with the subject, to bump this thread.

Personally I don't want to talk much about the owners a-g-a-i-n but it's obvious that there is still a desire for active and ongoing discussion about what they are seen to have done (or not done) and how much credit they deserve (or don't) depending on your point of view - be it black, white or grey - pro, against or indifferent.

I have no right to stop discussion, nor would I want to - censorship is an enemy of intellectual progress and can only endorse an echo chamber, which would make this place dull. Indeed, I quite like debate if the name-calling stays out of it.

What I would say though is that discussion about the owners, with almost the same points made on either side for a decade or so aren't particularly fun when casually viewing the forum and in particular in irrelevant threads.

So a polite request (one I can't enforce nor will I try to, just going to humbly make it once) for this season -

Given that Liverpool are in an exciting and thoroughly enjoyable (potential) title race and active in our other competitions, could we aim as a collective to keep the FSG chat and the longer back-and-forth debates relatively centralised to one thread as much as possible, rather than diverging multiple threads of conversation towards the same polluted river?

The period of time between now and May has enormous potential to be an enthralling rollercoaster of fun with a new-look side growing together - FSG chat won't go away and that truly is absolutely fine, but we don't need it on multiple channels, particularly when we might be in the midst of a historic season.

Let's make every effort to enjoy the thing that unites us all and still leave scope for FSG chat in one spot without it degrading other threads - I think several Reds on this forum would appreciate it.

if they give a shit we'll be spending money in january when we have a great chance of going all the way in a few comps with a small squad......

let's see..... do they want us to win the league? spend money, simples. it's not much we need.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Totally agree Sid.

I found it a little strange that talk of the owners appeared inside the Salah ll thread. I guess that was naive considering... However - it needed calling out for what it was.

Also Kev - yes... we will see just how much of a priority we are in the next few weeks.

Really hoping we bolster the squad. We are all looking at the FA cup game v Arsenal and wondering if we dare play anymore than a youth side. Speaks volumes about the depth..