Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast

Thread: Fsg out #2

I'm not expecting any signings this window. I get that we need to strengthen, not arguing that, but just going on past form we don't tend to do business in January, we don't tend to panic buy for injuries and we don't tend to spend when top of the league so I'll be amazed if we sign anyone. It'll be like Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    I'm not expecting any signings this window. I get that we need to strengthen, not arguing that, but just going on past form we don't tend to do business in January, we don't tend to panic buy for injuries and we don't tend to spend when top of the league so I'll be amazed if we sign anyone. It'll be like Christmas.
    We have recalled Owen beck (left full) from a loan where he was playing most weeks. Also recalled rhys Williams where he wasn't playing. There is our defensive cover.

Don't see us spending. Maybe another loan which we love in January.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    We have recalled Owen beck (left full) from a loan where he was playing most weeks. Also recalled rhys Williams where he wasn't playing. There is our defensive cover.

Don't see us spending. Maybe another loan which we love in January.
    Unless we're shifting either Robbo or Tsimi on in the summer it doesn't make sense to bring in another senior left back.

Makes more sense to bring in Matip's replacement now (if available/possible) and get him bedded in for half a season.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    It's much easier to point the finger at me than do the analysis I asked. Of course even the most superficial scanning of English football history would reveal what an utter idiot you are.

Anyway, aren't you supposed to be following your leader and ignoring me? I've already explained it's best you two do that because you can't participate in a grown up discussion.
    Oh and I missed this lark - written in good English too. How peculiar

'Stevehoe' and 'STFU' and 'idiot' all in one post. Good "grown up discussion" Changed language too.. Must have a been a hot late August up in Joke'land for him/her/it... something must have gotten under them scales good and proper..

The point made must have sailed right over the tiny head. the reference to 1 League title and 1 European cup is precisely because with just the smallest amount of better backing SURELY those extreme near misses would have amounted to much more and likely double the amount - especially so with the best man manager on the planet in situ for 7 long years!

This post from eggy

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Think it’s stated in the context of having klopp for so long and seemingly not quite doing enough to back him enough to win more when we should have. At least that’s how I’d read those sort of statements. Pretty factually correct too.

Ended the convo for me and probably everyone else.. It exposed just how dim witted and unseeing you really are. But then a Shill is only there to do a job.

I think if anyone is bought this month it's more likely a CB, it's an area that needed reinforcement anyway and Matips injury has made it more of a priority. A forward might also be a thought if the management have concerns over goals. Both are an issue but not a major one like the midfield was last season.
    It won't be surprising if they just stick with what they have. Not the right decision as we are in a good spot and reinforcement sends out a message and also gives us more strength etc but sticking with what we have is something I can see happening.

Ah dinnae expect us tae buy a'body this Jan 'n' frankly we dinnae need a'body. Th' team is daein' juist great as it is.

And Victor playing th' victim is hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    How about it being somewhere in between? Surely it doesn't have to be FSG or Klopp?

Maybe the club have been targeting the right kind of players and Klopp does what he does?

Steveo's 'miracle' midfield revamp came at a cost of £150m. To me, that is exceptional business and Klopp will make it phenomenal business.

Having the best manager in the world certainly helps, but he needs to the raw materials to create anything.

It's a far cry from what we had under both Rafa and Houllier who are/were both ecxellent managers in their own right, we appeared to have a 'throw shit at the wall and hope something sticks' approach to transfers.

Have replied to this in here... As Sid says - better to keep it in here..

It's a good point, but from where I am standing Rafa - who was great but not in Jurgen's class almost got us close and that was with a club sale to 2 Cowboys. The fact is - pre Klopp we were more of a mess than we were with Rafa pre H&G.

FSG are nothing special - They aren't bad by any means - but nor are they great. We don't get close to this achievement with them and any other manager. They bought the most successful club in the land for peanuts. "a steal" in Henry's own words. They haven't spent a single penny more either. All infrastructure upgrades (and they are not first class by any means) have been extremely slow AND have been generated by the club. THIS is why Klopp has had to live within his means so much and hasn't been able to make any mistakes or take the risks you need imo to get to the next level.

The fact that he has managed to drag players to much higher levels than they would attain with another is no reflection of FSG's brilliance. When Neville himself is crediting Klopp for doing so much with so much less than rivals, you know just how big a difference he makes.

But people seem to have completely` forgotten the train wreck of a season last term.. mostly imo on the owners. Their clear absenteeism preceding the FOR SALE announcement - seeing us perform in similar fashion to Chelsea and United. Were they so desperate for cash? Really? To destabilise a side that had come within a whisker of a quad?

Fast forward to this season and we find ourselves top. We sold 5 experienced mids and brought in a new gang. To integrate 1 is an achievement - but 4..? With a front line that isn't what it was too.. Top of the league.. and it is only early still.. but... Anyone with half a football brain knows the answer
    Last edited by Steveo; 3rd January 2024 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    The point made must have sailed right over the tiny head. the reference to 1 League title and 1 European cup is precisely because with just the smallest amount of better backing SURELY those extreme near misses would have amounted to much more and likely double the amount - especially so with the best man manager on the planet in situ for 7 long years!
    OK Victor, if you want to debate this properly and in good faith (you don't), there'a a minimum amount of work you need to do to back up your argument.

Take Man City out of the equation for now. What you need to do is analyse the spending of every other team in the league, or just our main competitiors if you want, and show the causation between their owners spending more leading to the club winning more. That way, you can put forward a case that if only FSG had spent some more we might have won more.

Without that, it's just a feeling in your water that we're arguing against and I have better things to do with my time.

The above challenge is open to everyone. Put forward some facts to back up the argument that if FSG had spent more we would have won more.

Not sure what the issue is Sid & Steveo, FSG as owners of LFC get brought up a lot, in many threads.

Anyway I'll start with a simple copy of paste, that follows on from Joxer request to analyse spends. Though as ever I suspect people won't have the stomach to deal with the figures.