Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Fsg out #2

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yes and Klopp is on the record as saying. He had told Ulla before United even approached. There is one club in the premier league that he can’t refuse. He said words to the effect of - if they call - I go,

It’s almost as though we were a pretty well known club before Fenway Sports Group - formerly - New England Sports Ventures rocked up.

Quite a successful one. Oh wait,,, Actually - The most successful one in the land.
    Nice attempt at playing to the gallery. Do you have a source for Klopp saying those things. Dealing in hearsay isn’t useful.

And you’d be naive to think that Klopp wasn’t on every clubs radar when he was leaving Dortmund. Our owners sealed the deal and deserve credit for that. Most rational minds wouldn’t find that controversial but it’s not something I expect an anti-FSG nut to agree with.

Wasn’t it klopps meeting with Woodward in which Woodward painted a picture of United becoming the Disney of football which fucked that deal for united. Something to that effect.

In an interview with former Liverpool player Phil Thompson on Sky Sports, Klopp said he was approached to become United boss before they appointed Louis van Gaal for the 2014-15 season.

“Yes, there was interest - Manchester United, yes, they were interested a year or a year and a half before, but it didn’t feel right,” he said.

“I couldn’t say Man United is not my club, it didn’t feel right.”

Klopp explained his intention to take a sabbatical from football after an underwhelming final season at Dortmund, only for the football romantic in him to heed Liverpool’s call
    “Yes, I’m a football romantic,” he said. “I’m confident but not as confident as other managers, thinking this club will call, that club will call.

“A lot of clubs called and I said ‘No, no chance, I need to make a break now’. Even my wife knew, if Liverpool is calling, I go.

“When Liverpool called, I had no chance. It was actually too early for my plans. I said, ‘Wow, come on!’

“But then coming here and feeling the spirit immediately, it was just, for me, a match in heaven.”

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Good question and not something I’ve thought about.

I’m just glad our owners were good enough to swoop in and convince Klopp that LFC was the future before Utd had a chance. They deserve a great deal of credit for that.
    So we're do you think Utd would be with Klopp and him having well over £1 billion to spend ?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    So we're do you think Utd would be with Klopp and him having well over £1 billion to spend ?
    I’ve already explained that I haven’t given that any thought. What’s the point in arguing hypotheticals?

Ok then - so let's just stick to facts.. Best manager in the world.... 7/8 years..

1 league title and 1 European Cup. That's 1 major trophy more than Rafa with FFS Parry and 2 Cowboys.

Could the lowest net spend of anyone in the top 6 this decade be a factor?

I don't expect an answer...

You are a dental flosser... a pitiful clown, and not a very bright one. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and go back to where you were before the club was up for sale...

Why don't you list out the managers those clubs have had over the last 10 years. I'm willing to bet there's plenty of world class managers appear in your list. And even with double the spending of LFC they have all performed worse.

Now Klopp is good but I doubt it's all down to him. The reality is that we have a very good setup at the club from top to bottom. The irony in your argument is that several of ouy key players were not expensive. Robertson, Trent, Jones and others. The other irony is that the same people arguing about the owners spending more money are all over the Nunez thread saying how crap he is.

Face it, the money argument is a complete fallacy peddled by a nut. The club have spent big when they needed to and have been sensible when they needed to. Add in a brilliant manager and you have all the ingredients for success. That's where we're at.
    I’ve already explained that I haven’t given that any thought. What’s the point in arguing hypotheticals?
    You say Klopp is good but you doubt it's all down to him. And I've named one of the top class managers who've failed with money.
    Saying all that I've asked a simple enough question, were do you think Utd would be ?

I’ve already debunked that theory several times. No, it’s not a given that more money would have led to more success. See your own table for proof.

It’s also not a fact that Klopp is the best manager in the world. He’s definitely one of them and the number 1 in all LFC fans eyes. But plenty of good managers have failed at clubs before. Take Rafa at Madrid for example.

Let’s stick to what we do know. Some world class managers have failed at Utd. Klopp has succeeded at LFC. That’s not down to any one person and is by no means as simple as you’re trying to portray things.