Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1316171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Fsg out #2

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Decided, somewhat hesitantly due to my association with the subject, to bump this thread.

Personally I don't want to talk much about the owners a-g-a-i-n but it's obvious that there is still a desire for active and ongoing discussion about what they are seen to have done (or not done) and how much credit they deserve (or don't) depending on your point of view - be it black, white or grey - pro, against or indifferent.

I have no right to stop discussion, nor would I want to - censorship is an enemy of intellectual progress and can only endorse an echo chamber, which would make this place dull. Indeed, I quite like debate if the name-calling stays out of it.

What I would say though is that discussion about the owners, with almost the same points made on either side for a decade or so aren't particularly fun when casually viewing the forum and in particular in irrelevant threads.

So a polite request (one I can't enforce nor will I try to, just going to humbly make it once) for this season -

Given that Liverpool are in an exciting and thoroughly enjoyable (potential) title race and active in our other competitions, could we aim as a collective to keep the FSG chat and the longer back-and-forth debates relatively centralised to one thread as much as possible, rather than diverging multiple threads of conversation towards the same polluted river?

The period of time between now and May has enormous potential to be an enthralling rollercoaster of fun with a new-look side growing together - FSG chat won't go away and that truly is absolutely fine, but we don't need it on multiple channels, particularly when we might be in the midst of a historic season.

Let's make every effort to enjoy the thing that unites us all and still leave scope for FSG chat in one spot without it degrading other threads - I think several Reds on this forum would appreciate it.
    Look I try to oblige requests.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Go for it!

Quite like a Wensleydale or an Applewood.

Edam goes under the radar a bit as well - it and cheddar are sort of the Ready Salted/Salt and Vinegar of the cheese world and thus easy to overlook.
    Can you make an offtopic cheese board thread,

And a football forum thread for genital accessories in sport.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    So we're do you think Utd would be with Klopp and him having well over £1 billion to spend ?
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I take it you mean net, he's almost spent a billion here gross.

I'd suggest for many on here logically from net spending beliefs provided by the brainstrust of football pundity, Klopp would have won....

7 PL titles, 7 CL titles, 7 WCCs, 7 Fa cups, 7 EFL cups, 7 shields & 7 supercups.
    Though in reality united weren't in great shape back then either.

Pep would be fired after 2-3 years. And ferige would be a rank amateur of sorts.
    Ancelloti would be incapable of competing with Klopp - although he caused us difficulties with Everton and Napoli.... and has a better record v Klopp with both of those clubs.

I find it a little odd that Klopp with more money would just adapt and thrive. Like the favourites tag doesn't bring its own pressures. 5-7 PL titles in a row easy peasy.

Whereas Pep would be incapable of adapting to Klopps conditions and necessarily fail.
    I'd say it's fair to say, Pep would not be able to cause us trouble like Carlo did with lesser teams. As Pep hasn't been in that position v klopp ever.

Tbh think you'd lose a bit of both in the others spot. It says a bit about the type of men they are.

Here's Carlos record against Klopp - a man in between both in ways.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/carlo-ancelotti/leistungsdatenDetail/trainer/523/trainer_id/118

Dortmund v Unique Madrid 1 win each
    Goals scored 2-3 to Carlo

Napoli 2 wins 1 draw 1 loss v Klopp
    Goals scored 2-4 to Carlo

Everton
    1 win 2 draws 1 loss
    Goals scored 4-3 to Carlo

Lfc v Madrid
    4 wins 0 draws 0 losses
    Goals scored 2-9 to Carlo

Considering Klopp was our hire, and Carlo was our second option at that time.
    If united signed Klopp we get Carlo.

Carlo has beaten Klopp on goals scored with all 4 club combos.
    2 of which are not unique Madrid.

We've outspent real Madrid since FSG took over on gross and net spend.
    I'm guessing we've outspent Napoli.

Klopp even did better with a lesser spending team in dortmund v unique Madrid under Carlo.
    And he beat them the year before to reach the final when Carlo was not there.

Must be something about Liverpool v unique Madrid eh..
    Apparently they are incomparable to us, yet klopp beat them with dortmund in Europe and not lfc.

So given unique Madrid are so unique for the 3rd most decorated club in Europe, I'd suggest Carlo would join lfc and cause the dirty mancs a load of problems.
    Just to give the on topic stuff it's rightful position ahead of the off topic
    Last edited by CCTV; 7th January 2024 at 04:57 AM.

I’ve already debunked all the arguments in this thread and in quite spectacular fashion. There is literally nothing left to say and the thread should be closed, lest we be subjected to more wine and cheese chat.

I believe you have wasted your effort there. The person asking the question doesn’t appear to have acted in good faith.

I agree about cleaning up the forum. Im the biggest proponent.

VOTE JOCKY to fix this shambles!!!
    Last edited by JockStrap; 7th January 2024 at 10:03 AM.

Need a native speaker. Mother tongue and all that.

I hear wet cows tongue can be used in conjunction with nettles - to soothe even the most stubborn form of stunning rebuttal.

Paddy was told his cows had blue tongue.he was in shock, he never knew they had mobiles.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    I’ve already debunked all the arguments in this thread and in quite spectacular fashion. There is literally nothing left to say and the thread should be closed, lest we be subjected to more wine and cheese chat.

I believe you have wasted your effort there. The person asking the question doesn’t appear to have acted in good faith.

I agree about cleaning up the forum. Im the biggest proponent.

VOTE JOCKY to fix this shambles!!!
    I always wondered if it took more effort to write English in your native dialect...🤔

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    I always wondered if it took more effort to write English in your native dialect...🤔
    Most people are whinging about having to read a sentence in Scottish. Imagine the fume if I wrote 3 paragraphs.

Waaadda piss’a’da’schitta

E does’ant’a A’va Clue’a about’a wadda stupid’a a moron’a e iz.

This is Italian BTW

honest…

one genuine word I would use,..

Escrementi….

Ah shaddap-a you face!

Nice one..

Lou Monti eh... Those were the days..