Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: Fsg out #2

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Sounds like nimbyism. Locals who want the club to forego a few mill in revenue, so they can enjoy the greenfield site.
    And the social housing that was gonna be built there, well that can be built somewhere else further away.

Where or how do you see them turning a profit on this buyback of melwood ?
    I think this post speaks volumes... I would read it back to yourself a few times.

Owners who have profited 10 times on their investment. Who have bought entire new franchises off the back of the leveraged value of LFC.. In receipt of a club with RECORD profits... "forego a few million" so that people who have lived with Melwood for decades don't have to go without the amenities they need.

Wow...

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/08/stop-this-vandalism-melwood-residents-protest-liverpools-decision-to-sell-training-ground/

Cue every moron on earth - jumping in on the affordable housing bandwagon.

F$G sold to Torus for a slightly lower price PRECISELY to avoid any scandal. The hard facts are as follows:

“We will invite LFC, even though technically they could argue they don’t own the site—but they do have a possible ethical, moral responsibility.

“I don’t think Liverpool will come, I hope that Torus, given their track record, will at least send a representative to actually listen to the people of this community.

“Over three wards it’s 65,000 people, 8,500 kids go to school or nurseries in this ward.

“We’ve got 15,000 people on the books at our medical centre, with six parking spaces.

CNUNTS... Everywhere you look.
    Last edited by Steveo; 21st August 2023 at 06:43 PM.

The way I read this part is very different to how you might interpret it.

"Owners who have profited 10 times on their investment. Who have bought entire new franchises off the back of the leveraged value of LFC.. In receipt of a club with RECORD profits... "forego a few million" so that people who have lived with Melwood for decades don't have to go without the amenities they need.

Wow..."

First up they'll turn a profit when they sell up. 100k lfc fans could have bought it for £3,000 a head back then. Yes those with assets could have used assets to buy more assets. This doesn't have any real impact on the club, more of a beef.
    Record profits, that fund the state through corporate tax. In an age of record revenues and costs. Record revenue from their stewardship of the club, even allowing for the general inflation they've outperformed it.
    Record revenue from decisions you (and the poster imagine) have castigated at every turn. FFS you've moaned for years that we won the league off selling Coutinho and buying Alisson & Virgil. Signing up with Nike due to the capacity for growth you slammed for many reasons. The preseason tours building the brand similar. The expansion of Anfield which took too long, has cost too much from the ability to build the sqaud. The nike red/kit is never right. Not enough expansion has occured. The new training facility is cursed. Etc etc etc for me you're obsessional about our owners and its very boring as it's only 1 limitation.
    Forego a couple of million, as they might have done with the furlough scandal, like they did with not increasing ticket prices, and of course a likely 100 mill minimum each year cost as fans went siding with uefa/bojo/broadcasters over esl/clubs. One of the worst outcomes for European club football.

On the flip side those who live in the locality seem quite happy to have halted the provision of new housing for the benefit of locals and their want of greenspace. I imagine adding some value to their properties.
    Pool closed !!

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Don’t know why you are giving him oxygen, these guys come and when they get bored these guys go.
    They get bored quicker if you ignore them
    You got your ass handed to you in the one and only debate you tried. I don't blame you for not coming back for more.

But if you ever do fancy it, start with explaining whey "Only 1 League and only 1 Champions League" doesn't sound like an entitled prick.

Mate, you could never ever hand me anything, don’t fool yourself.

Mate, you could never ever hand me anything, don’t fool yourself.
    Well I did, so now what?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    The way I read this part is very different to how you might interpret it.

"Owners who have profited 10 times on their investment. Who have bought entire new franchises off the back of the leveraged value of LFC.. In receipt of a club with RECORD profits... "forego a few million" so that people who have lived with Melwood for decades don't have to go without the amenities they need.

Wow..."

First up they'll turn a profit when they sell up. 100k lfc fans could have bought it for £3,000 a head back then. Yes those with assets could have used assets to buy more assets. This doesn't have any real impact on the club, more of a beef.
    Record profits, that fund the state through corporate tax. In an age of record revenues and costs. Record revenue from their stewardship of the club, even allowing for the general inflation they've outperformed it.
    Record revenue from decisions you (and the poster imagine) have castigated at every turn. FFS you've moaned for years that we won the league off selling Coutinho and buying Alisson & Virgil. Signing up with Nike due to the capacity for growth you slammed for many reasons. The preseason tours building the brand similar. The expansion of Anfield which took too long, has cost too much from the ability to build the sqaud. The nike red/kit is never right. Not enough expansion has occured. The new training facility is cursed. Etc etc etc for me you're obsessional about our owners and its very boring as it's only 1 limitation.
    Forego a couple of million, as they might have done with the furlough scandal, like they did with not increasing ticket prices, and of course a likely 100 mill minimum each year cost as fans went siding with uefa/bojo/broadcasters over esl/clubs. One of the worst outcomes for European club football.

On the flip side those who live in the locality seem quite happy to have halted the provision of new housing for the benefit of locals and their want of greenspace. I imagine adding some value to their properties.
    Pool closed !!
    They have already turned massive profits. They are only owners of the Penguins by virtue of the collateral cashed in on their biggest assets. Liverpool FC and the Red Sox. They don’t need to sell to benefit this way. This is the property market. Billionaires are rarely in the habit of using their own cash to buy things. Mostly they release cash otherwise tied up in investments. You think they spent £300 million of their own cash to buy Liverpool? really?

Regardless the collateral they can wield is now 10 times that debt. And that goes for most clubs and js not directly down to FSG stewardship - Newcastle United a Tin pot Club operating under a crook went for similar money to the most successful club in the land. All the big clubs have increased in value hugely as TV revenues have gone off the charts.

You and a few others want to credit everything good to FSG despite them being a handicap. It’s not the reality. The reality is without Klopp they would have likely seen a 13th season without any major silverware.

Everything they have done has been underwhelming apart from the brilliant capture of Jurgen Klopp. Underwhelming on all fronts DESPiTe record revenues. Cheap as chips stands that have to be paid back in record time… WHY?

A training facility on a site we already owned - which so far has been a disaster and is barely half the cost of the one built by the mighty Leicester City.

I know there are loads of Scousers, some in my own family who seem to think these leeches are ok. They are as wrong as you are.

They have handicapped the best manager on the planet so badly that despite all the miracles we have won half of what we could and should have won. Just Arsenal level backing would have made that the reality. But no. Priorities lie elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    You got your ass handed to you in the one and only debate you tried. I don't blame you for not coming back for more.

But if you ever do fancy it, start with explaining whey "Only 1 League and only 1 Champions League" doesn't sound like an entitled prick.
    That wasn’t me you absolute weapon.

That wasn’t me you absolute weapon.
    I know but you were the villiage idiot who chimed in. So I asked you whether you want to debate that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    They have already turned massive profits. They are only owners of the Penguins by virtue of the collateral cashed in on their biggest assets. Liverpool FC and the Red Sox. They don’t need to sell to benefit this way. This is the property market. Billionaires are rarely in the habit of using their own cash to buy things. Mostly they release cash otherwise tied up in investments. You think they spent £300 million of their own cash to buy Liverpool? really?

Regardless the collateral they can wield is now 10 times that debt. And that goes for most clubs and js not directly down to FSG stewardship - Newcastle United a Tin pot Club operating under a crook went for similar money to the most successful club in the land. All the big clubs have increased in value hugely as TV revenues have gone off the charts.

You and a few others want to credit everything good to FSG despite them being a handicap. It’s not the reality. The reality is without Klopp they would have likely seen a 13th season without any major silverware.

Everything they have done has been underwhelming apart from the brilliant capture of Jurgen Klopp. Underwhelming on all fronts DESPiTe record revenues. Cheap as chips stands that have to be paid back in record time… WHY?

A training facility on a site we already owned - which so far has been a disaster and is barely half the cost of the one built by the mighty Leicester City.

I know there are loads of Scousers, some in my own family who seem to think these leeches are ok. They are as wrong as you are.

They have handicapped the best manager on the planet so badly that despite all the miracles we have won half of what we could and should have won. Just Arsenal level backing would have made that the reality. But no. Priorities lie elsewhere.
    They've outperformed the market. That isn't even up for debate. They've nearly won a league under Rodgers. They've very nearly won a bucket under Klopp.
    Their net spending on transfers shows little waste. The oil clubs have spent fortunes to grow their values. Compared with the actual big 4 of club football, LFC are up there now with the traditional big 3 of europe in manu, real & barca.

How have they hamstrung Klopp exactly. Financial constraints. Wow.
    Klopp was gushing about Nunez whose sat looking like an expensive sub. Carvalho off on loan. Scored the winner v the toon. Lesser spotted thereafter, and Elliott an ever present.
    They've nearly won 4 PL & 3 CL titles.. up against Pepcity for the Klopp Era... worst owners ever. And Klopp made them worse.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    I know but you were the villiage idiot who chimed in. So I asked you whether you want to debate that statement.
    Think it’s stated in the context of having klopp for so long and seemingly not quite doing enough to back him enough to win more when we should have. At least that’s how I’d read those sort of statements. Pretty factually correct too.