Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Joshua vs Whyte

Anthony Joshua vs Whyte

The upcoming heavyweight fight has been cancelled after anti-doping test was performed

test for Whyte came back with adverse findings.

Whyte is finished. This will be the third time he's been involved in a drugs type controversy.
    No smoke without fire after three times in my opinion.

I'm happy myself,didn't like that fight at all.
    Maybe now Mr Joshua can get on with the Wilder fight and prove he ain't done !!!
    Last edited by fagin; 7th August 2023 at 07:45 AM.

Usyk and Fury needs to happen as does Fury and Joshua yet I think neither will ever occur.

Massive waste of invested interest for many.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Usyk and Fury needs to happen as does Fury and Joshua yet I think neither will ever occur.

You could well be right on both counts,the fighters in question appear more interested in the blame game as they all point fingers at someone else .
    This includes coaches too.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

It is a waste. The heavyweight division has had its day for a long time now. They're all getting in and there's nobody coming through who looks any good.
    Fury,AJ and Wilder collectively ruined it between themselves by being scared of losing. Fans don't care about unbeaten records or how many a fighter loses. They care about seeing great match ups and there are four fights there that will likely never happen now.

Helenius. Better opponent than I expected but should still be a cake walk for AJ. If it's not he needs to wrap in.
    He only fought last weekend too.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Helenius. Better opponent than I expected but should still be a cake walk for AJ. If it's not he needs to wrap in.
    He only fought last weekend too.
    AJ had to fight someone on this card because it's obviously his last warmup fight before Wilder sends him into retirement.
    The Gerald Warrington nickname "El Garro Negro" ("The Black Rooster") fight on the same card wasn't familiar to me so i watched the Warrington /Wilder fight for the WBC belt a few years back with Warrington easily taking the first 3 rounds then Wilder came to life winning the 4th and knocking him down in the 5th then carrying on destroying him before ref stepped in.
    Last edited by fagin; 9th August 2023 at 12:25 PM.

Yeah I remember the Washington fight. Plenty of people have failed well against Wilder until that right hand connects.

What a dismal lack lustre showing from AJ until the 7th round knockout.He took his fair share of punishment from an inferior opponent in every sense of the word and from an opponent that fought only 7 days ago !!!!

Then after the knockdown he left the ring to acknowledge all the stars around the first rows of the ring......drinking beer with Conor MacGregor...as if he'd just won all 4 heavyweight belts....not just beaten a 2nd level journeyman that it took 7 rounds to accomplish.......Wilder must be licking his lips at ringside.

Pathetic !!! but that's just my opinion. He's done !!!
    Last edited by fagin; 13th August 2023 at 04:18 AM.