Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Game Week 1 11/08-14/08

I didnt feel we were robbed yesterday on say the penalty for handball. i thought it was one of them decisions you'd be unhappy with. if it was given against you.. But sorry to waffle on this evening. just when things like the decision this evening. does make you wonder why it wasnt given. other than the Var preferred Man-united didnt drop points.. and thats not how it should work
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Ah but Utd did the transfer business perfectly bringing in everyone they wanted didn’t they?

So that’ll be a very strong title challenge from a much improved Utd team then, won’t it?
    Surely??

Personally wasn’t impressed with any of their signings but what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Ah but Utd did the transfer business perfectly bringing in everyone they wanted didn’t they?

So that’ll be a very strong title challenge from a much improved Utd team then, won’t it?
    Surely??

Personally wasn’t impressed with any of their signings but what do I know.
    They’ll do very well to get top 4.

Fernandes and Rashford will win some tight games for them but their back line is fragile and misses too many games, Casimero is another year older and the keeper should be good for a laugh.

As long as we finish above them and Chelsea we should be ok.

isnt it top 5 this season that qualifies for champions league?

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    isnt it top 5 this season that qualifies for champions league?
    It could happen.

For 23/24 the way it will work is that if the Premier League clubs provide one of the top two performances (for a nation) as a collective in the 2023/24 Champion's League, Europa League and Europa Conference, then the League team finishing fifth this season will earn a Champion's League spot - it's entirely possible that English sides don't perform too well in Europe this season overall and thus the fifth slot would miss out.

However, in 24/25 (and onwards) then it will be a "top five" and not a "top four" as the Champion's League enters the expanded format.

This is the last year of the Champion's League as we know it, which makes it all the more grating that we couldn't finish 4th last season - would have liked to have won the last one in its current guise.

No use crying about it now mind - just hope we can conjure enough for a Europa League Final in Dublin - might not hold the same appeal as Big Ears but could be one Hell of a party if we got that far.

Long, long way to go.

ok so wait and see i guess.

Stonewall pen, of course it was in Utd’s favor. Utterly shameless by the ref and VAR.

Gary O'Neil says PGMOL's Jon Moss spoke to him after the game and has admitted Wolves should have had a penalty and it was a clear and obvious error. Same shit different season

Absolute joke.

Wolves boss Gary O'Neil says elite referees manager Jon Moss told him he "could not believe" his side was not given a penalty at Manchester United.

The home side won 1-0 at Old Trafford thanks to Raphael Varane's header.

O'Neil was furious his team did not get a late penalty when United keeper Andre Onana crashed into Sasa Kalajdzic and failed to make contact with the ball.

"Jon Moss said it was a blatant penalty and should have been given - fair play to him, he apologised," said O'Neil.

"I have spent a lot of time with him today to understand the new guidelines, trying not to get myself booked in the first game, which I have failed in.

"But fair play to Jon for coming out and saying it was a clear and obvious error - he couldn't believe the on-field referee didn't give it and can't believe VAR [video assistant referee] didn't intervene.

"It probably made me feel worse, actually, because you know you are right. I feel worse about leaving with nothing. Live, I was told they didn't think it was a clear and obvious error."

Moss, who was appointed general manager of England's elite referees within Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) in April, sought out O'Neil between his broadcast and written media obligations.

It is understood PGMOL chief Howard Webb also contacted Wolves officials after the game to apologise for the mistake.